Tummy Tuck - With This Vein Get Removed with Skin? (photo)

I don't know enough about the layers of the human body. This popped up on my abdomen post pregnancy. 1 year had passed and I am still breastfeeding. I have noticeable veins on my breasts that I know from experience will disappear once I ween. This seems different. It moves with my loose skin. Just curious if I can count on getting rid of this if it chooses to stay. I have no other veins like this.

Visible vein on tummy

+1

Yes that vein should be able to be removed during a tummy tuck. Even if you don't get a tummy tuck the vein could be ligated.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/procedures/body-contouring/tummy-tuck/

Vein may be removed with an abdominplasty depending upon location

+1

If this veins is within the elliptical portion of skin that is to be excised with your abdominoplasty then the vein will be removed.  Your photograph is too close to see the exact location of the problem.  

Will vein be removed

+1

The photo is too close up to tell exactly where the vein is. If it is in the lower abdomen or flank, it most likely can be removed. Your best bet is to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery. 

Web reference: http://www.squiresclinic.com/ipad/abdominoplasty

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Will skin vein be removed with tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for asking if the large vein with be removed with your tummy tuck

1. The photo doesn't show where the vein is on your abdomen.
  2. If it is above the belly button - no, that skin stays with the tummy tuck.
  3. If it is below the belly button -  it can probably be removed with the tummy tuck.
  4. If not removed, your surgeon tie off the vein or cauterize it during the tummy tuck. Best wishes.

VEINS

+1

If it is between your belly button and pubis it should come out with the abdominal pannus