Should I Get a Tummy Tuck or Vaser Lipo?

I am a 26 year old African American Female with one 4 year old daugther.I weigh 168 want to weigh 154 but when I did weigh 152 at the begining of the year my stomach still had lose skin.My upper abs are great, but my lower abs suck due to c-section and loose skin. I want 1 more child, but have been trying for 2 years with no results,I want to do something about my stomach now! Should I have a tummy tuck or would vaser lipo do the trick?I have seen vaser lipo deliver flat stomach for my skin type

Abdominalplasty

+1

After viewing your photos, you are not a candidated for liposuction alone.  To achieve a resonable result

You would need the redundant skin removed, the rectus muscle tightened, and some liposuction in these areas.  A more detailed explanation would be given during an office visit.  Good luck to you.

ABDOMINOPLASTY VS LIPOLYSIS

+1

Thanks for the photos.  Your best option is a LipoAbdominoplasty with Diastasis Repair.  It appears from your photos that you have loose hanging skin, a protuberant abdomen and significant excess fat.  Lipolysis alone will not correct the loose skin and protuberant abdomen.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

+1

You will be disappointed with liposuction alone regardless of the technology.

An abdominoplasty with liposuction will give you the best result.

Get to a weight you think you will be able to maintain without too much trouble. Then find a competent and caring plastic surgeon to help you with this.

I expect you will get a very nice result.

Good luck!

Web reference: http://vancouvercosmeticsurgery.ca

Vancouver Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction vs Tummy Tuck

+1

Liposuction by any means will not correct loose skin. For this you need a Tummy Tuck. However, you have two reasons to delay this surgery. First, you should lose the weight, preferably to a BMI of 25 or less. Secondly, you should decide not to have any other children or wait until you have finished your family. If you become pregnant after Tummy Tuck, you will stretch the skin back out.

Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Lipo vs TT

+1

I also agree that your best results would be from a TT with some lipo around the crest as well-obviously being near your ideal body weight will produce the best results long term-BMI is a good measurement

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Vaser Lipo

+1

I tend to agree with both Drs. Rosenblatt and Baxter.  I definitely feel that you will obtain your best result with an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.  I think that you will also get a better result if you are at or near your ideal body weight; even a weight loss back to 154pounds will be helpful.

VASER Lipo will not produce the same results as tummy tuck

+1

Liposuction, whether with VASER, laser (for example Smart Lipo) or anything else will not produce the same amount of skin tightening as a tummy tuck. These technologies can improve skin tone a little bit, but judging from the pictures a lipo procedure will be disappointing. On the other hand, if you have the abdominoplasty now and then get pregnant it will undo some of the results. Best to wait and do the right operation.

Try weight loss first.

+1

This is a 2 stage procedure, first loose weight and get down at least 20 lbs then a tummy tuck might be appropriate. Look at a BMI scale and get below 30 -- preferably around 25 and then think of a tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com