Is Tummy Tuck Possible with Umbilicus Released?

Can I convert a Mini Tummy Tuck to full Tummy Tuck when umbilicus has been released? I had a mini tummy tuck with umbilicus release and belly button lowered. I have a lot of loose skin all around my belly button.

My PS said I cant convert to Full TT because my umbilicus is disconnected from stalk. What are my options to get this fixed? Is there a way to recreate my belly button and have a full tummy tuck?

Covnverting a mini to a full abdominoplasty

+1

The delay procedure as mentioned below is an option. However, it is still possible that you may lose a portion of the belly button (umbilicus).

In any event if you lose a significant portion of the umbilicus, you can have a new one reconstructed using a procedure called a neo-umbilicoplasty. It may not give you a completely normal appearing belly button but it is an option.

It does appear from your picture that you would benefit from a full abdominoplasty.

Delay the procedure

+1

If you make an incision around the belly button and then close it. Then wait several weeks, the blood supply to the belly button will be improved and now based on its attachments to the abdomenal wall. The tummy tuck can then be performed without concern. 

Good Luck.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.