I Had Tummy Tuck Two Weeks Ago and Last Night my Leg Became Swollen from Hip to Ankle. Is This Common?

Swollen leg after TT

+1

I hope you are not reading this right now and have gone to the emergency room.  You could have a blood clot and this needs to be checked immediately.  Please go to the hospital.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Last Night my Leg Became Swollen from Hip to Ankle. Is This Common?

+1

One sided swelling is highly suggestive of blood clots in the leg, which can be a serious medical problem and demands evaluation and treatment. A visit that includes a study of the leg veins is manditory and emergent.

Leg swelling like this is an emergency

+1

My real reason for answering this question is not so much to give you advice at this point, as I hope, as other colleagues who have also posted here have said, that you have already contacted and seen your doctor, rather I hope that others reading this will take the message away that this is a potentially very serious sign of a dangerous, maybe life-threatening, blood clot, and until it is fully evaluated it must be considered to be just that and treated as an emergency.  If this happens you MUST call your surgeon immediately, and if he does not instruct you to do so, you MUST go to the nearest emergency room to have your veins evaluated.  It is a fairly simple and non-invasive test to evaluate your veins, and there is no reason to avoid getting it under these circumstances.  I hope that by the time you are reading this that you have been evaluated and are either safely out of the woods with no blood clot seen, or you are being treated without incident.

Joseph L. Grzeskiewicz, MD

Swollen Leg After Tummy Tuck Surgery

+1

I hope that you already called your surgeon and were seen either by him/her or taken to the hospital.  If not, please do so ASAP to make sure you are not experiencing a DVT.

Call your surgeon with this complaint immediately.

+1

Major swelling of one leg after abdominoplasty can be assigned deep vein thrombosis. This is potentially dangerous and should be investigated immediately by your surgeon.