I Had a Tummy Tuck Two Weeks Ago, Have Hardness and Bulging? (photo)

I was looking online at recoveries and my stomach is hard and bulging in two areas, above and below the navel. It protrudes more than it did before and looks horrible. None of the photos I have seen online look like mine and my doctor isnt saying much. I wasnt large before, just had a small amount of loose skin from having four kids so it wasnt a large amount of skin cut and I am concerned with how it looks. i will put a before and after photo.

Tummy Tuck Two Weeks and Bulging

+3

With that amount of bulging the most likely diagnosis would be fluid collection, but that can only be diagnosed with an exam.  There are other possibilities as well.  Please return to see your plastic surgeon for evaluation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Concerns about "Bulges" after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

As you know, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource;  if you remain concerned, I would suggest that you seek additional time with him to express your questions/concerns.

Based on the photographs, I would be concerned about the possibility of fluid accumulation (seroma).  Again, this is best diagnosed after in-person examination.

Hardness and Bulging

+1

This looks suspiciously like a seroma--fluid collection. It looks to well localized to write it off as swelling. DId this develop after the drains were removed? If so, all the more likely it is a seroma.

This won't be solved over the internet--call your surgeon. Best wishes. 

I Had a Tummy Tuck Two Weeks Ago, Have Hardness and Bulging

+1

I read your statement and reviewed your photos posted, you "might" have a seroma but you have seen your surgeon so I wonder why he/she did not aspirate these bulges? It might be residual fat or failed muscle repair. Best to seek in person second opinions.