How Do I Prepare for a Tummy Tuck when I Have my Period?

I just got my period today and I have a full tt scheduled for tomorrow, July 23rd. Is this going to be a problem? No tampons, I assume? what do you normally wear during surgery? (as far as underwear) Thanks!!

No tampons

+1
Generally, I recommend patients not wear tampons during their surgery. Feminine napkins are preferred. Loose fitting clothes should be worn.

Period and tummy tuck

+1

You go back to using sanitary napkins and avoid tampons. Generally speaking this is not a concern although I have heard anecdotal reports of increased bleeding/bruising during this time .

Cosmetic Surgery while having your Period

+1

Surgeons and their OR staffs are used to women beginning to have their periods while having surgery or coming in while having a period. While it may be embarrassing to you, we are used to it. All you need to do is use feminine pads and tell the nurse doing the information intake before your procedure about it. They will take it from there. Nothing to worry about.  Good Luck.