Tummy Tuck or Thermage or Laser? (photo)

I am a fitness trainer and was a model for many years. I am now 44 years old and in spite of my earlier career I am probably in the best shape i have ever been in now . Although, my skin didn't seem to get the memo!! I have had two children and was lucky enough not to have a single stretch mark or lose skin for the most part at all. Until recently, upper droops lower tight when standing but hangs when relaxed. Can i get results from thermage or laser? Or is it time to pull out the big guns? pics

Tummy tuck ususally best for loose skin, but . . .

Most often when there is loose skin in the abdominal area after pregnancies, a tummy tuck gives the best result. However, there is a sort of in-between category when there are no stretch marks and just a little bit of laxity. The best skin retraction in those cases is with liposuction with immediate post-lipo Thermage (about 40% more than lipo alone) vs. laser lipo (less than 20%). You would need to be seen in consultation to see if either of these is suitable but my hunch is that the tummy tuck will recommended.

6100 219th St SW
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

Tummy Tuck, Thermage or Laser?

It appears to me that you probably carried your babies high in your abdomen and as a result you have redundant skin above the belly button. While you don't have the classic look of someone who needs an abdominoplasty, I doubt that anything less than that will give you a satisfactory result. To tighten the skin above the BB, it will need to be released.

A plastic surgeon will be able to advise you better after an examination.

William H. Gorman, MD

3003 Bee Caves Rd
Austin, TX 78746

TT for loose skin

I agree with you, that though you have little fat on your abdomen you do have access skin that cannot be corrected by lipo or laser procedures.  An abdominoplasty will tighten the skin above and below that belly button and will no doubt give you a wash board abdomen. I would recommend consulting with a plastic surgeon and allow them to evaluate you in person. I hope this helps you.

Kindest regards

Neil J. Zemmel

Neil J. Zemmel, MD, FACS
Midlothian Plastic Surgeon

611 Watkins Centre Parkway
Midlothian, VA 23114

A full tummy tuck is likely necessary to correct your concerns.

Thank you for your question and the photos.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

Tummy Tuck or Thermage or Laser?

Thanks for the posted photos. As for a choice THE BIG GUNS!! are mine. But better to have in person evaluations so you can better understand what is involved. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

Any auxiliar treatment ( laser, thermage, cavitation,mesotherapy etc) replace to minilepectomy combined with lypo

any of auxilar equipments laser,thermage,mesotherapy,vacuomtherapy etc., replace a  minilipectomy combined  with ultrasound lypo, this  should be  your  first election treatment for  best result and  great  satisfaction

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Calle 54 No. 365 T