Is This Tummy Tuck Swelling Or? (photo)

Had full tt/body lift 7 days ago. 200lbs/6ft at time of surgery. removed 12 pounds of skin/fat. However I have a small sagging belly and fat or swelling under my armpits today(see pictures) I trust my doctor and hes awesome. He says its bloating but I want other opinions as I want to be DONE not "need more work". Does this appear to be only swelling/bloating? Since I am so bloated, wont I have leftover sagging skin there? Will I be flat there?? Im just paranoid/need reassurance.

Swelling

+1

swelling after weight loss contouring is normal.  you are only 7 days from your surgery.  it can take several weeks to months for the swelling to resolve.   continue following your postoperative care instructions. wishing you a speedy recovery.

dr. basu

houston, tx

Swelling after Body LIft

+1
  • Swelling (and a lot of it!) is completely normal 7days after a circumferential body lift.  Plan on your swelling to take many months to completely resolve.  I imagine that many months from now you will be delighted with your new figure.  For now, just concentrate on healing up, and don't overdo it with too much exercise.  

Also, continue to meet with your plastic surgeon as he will be able to reassure you that you are progressing as expected.

Best of luck to you, and thanks for sharing your photos!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Swelling?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the tummy tuck procedure; hopefully you will be pleased with the results of surgery.
 Remember that it is always best to  follow-up with your plastic surgeon to rule out treatable causes of postoperative swelling ( for example seroma).   He will also be your best source for meaningful reassurance. Once you have peace of mind that your recovering is proceeding “normally” patience will be necessary.
Generally, it takes many months for swelling to resolve after tummy tuck surgery and it may take up to one year  (or greater)  for complete skin redraping  to occur.

Swelling after body lift procedures

+1

Yes, you will have alot of swelling after body lift type procedures. The areas on the upper chest may represent some "dog ears" because you probably have redundancy of the back as well.  Give it time to  heal.

Is This Tummy Tuck Swelling Or?

+1

Are you being serious??? Removed 12 pounds!!! and you are complaining about a small area of residual or swelling. Please get hold of how great your result is. 

Body Lift Post Op

+1

Thank you for your question.  Difficult to answer your question as you are so early in the postoperative time frame.  I understand your paranoia and it is normal to feel that way.  The body has to go thru the healing phase and you will need to be patient during this time.  You will have good days and bad days during this period, and it is not until 4 months time before you reach your final result.  At the point you can discuss things with your plastic surgeon.  Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Is this Tummy Tuck Swelling?

+1

Your pictures look like a typical result for a weight loss patient 1 week after surgery. Your surgeon can give the best impression of the swelling and expected result. However, it is too early to make judgments as it takes months for things to improve.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS