Tummy Tuck Swelling

Hi,I have done my tummy tuck 2 weeks ago,I have no problem in walking,the pain is gone, but I cannot really stretch my self, I feel that there is something very tight inside,the doctor said that's because they've tightened the muscles and done an umbilical hernia repair surgery.When will I feel normal again? the other question is that I still feel that my stomach is soft,the doctor said there are still some fluid inside,is that normal?and when I am expecting that to go?

Swelling post tummy tuck surgery

+1

It is important that you consult with your surgeon and follow all post-op instructions post-tummy tuck surgery. At this point in time of your recovery, it is normal to feel tight due to the muscle repair and removal of loose tissues. I ask my patients to stay hunched over for at least 4 weeks to prevent tension on the incision and other complications. They are provided with an abdominal binder to wear for 4 weeks as well, to minimize swelling and aid in the healing process. Drains are removed when the output is low enough to avoid a seroma (accumulation of fluid within the tissues).

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Tummy tuck recovery

+1

You are very early in your recovery period. The aches and pains you are having are not abnormal. It may take a month before you are walking upright depending how tight you are. Six weeks is an average period of time for patients to begin to feel normal after full tummy tuck surgery. Sometimes in the early post operative period after drain removal, patients may have some temporary fluid collections called seromas which are easily aspirated by your surgeon in his office.

Richard Linderman, MD