Tummy Tuck Swelling After 6 Weeks Why I Look Fatter?

I had a Tummy Tuck about 6 weeks ago and about a week or less I have developed swelling in my upper abdomen area above my belly button and flat from the area above Is this something normal? Because it looks like I am fatter then before I had the surgery and also gain little weight, ifeel little bit worried, am gonna be that shape?? What is going on with my body??

Upper Abdominal Swelling 6 Weeks Post Op

+2

Dear Rosita, Without a photo or an in person physical exam, it will be difficult for any of your Real Self team of experts, myself included, to answer exactly what is going on.  By this stage after a tummy tuck, the swelling should be going down, not increasing, therefore I recommend you call your plastic surgeon and get a face to face physical exam.  He or she would be the best person to determine what is happening.

I always measure my patients at weekly intervals for the first month, and bi-weekly intervals for the next month.  This technique allows me to pick up any unusual swelling.  Delayed hematomas or seromas in the area of the upper abdomen are very rare, but possible.  Only your personal plastic surgeon will be able to intelligently answer your question.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

It is really hard to give you adequate advice without a picture or exam. You should call your PS and make an f/u appointment

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Why Do I Look Fatter?

+2

This is really hard to answer without a photo. It may be that you have developed a seroma, or fluid collection, particularly if this occurred after a period of a more acceptable appearance.

The only useful opinion will be one from your surgeon. A phone call and a visit is in order.

Thanks and best wishes.