I Am 40y/o Struggling with DTV, Mesenteric Thrombosis, Ulcers, and Have A Green Filter. Am I a Candidate for a TT?

Hi, I'm almost 40 years old and since my first pregnancy I have problems with DTV, misentheric thrombosis, varicous ulcers surgeries, and also have the green filter put in. I'm a coumadin patiente and would like to know what are my chances to get a tummy tuck surgery or what did you recommend for me to loose weight? I'm over weight and dieting by it self it's not helping me ;( please give me an answer ASAP! Thanks and God bless y'all.

Tummy Tuck Candidate with Multiple Medical Issues?

+1

Thank you for the question. I'm sorry to hear about the various medical problems who have experienced.

Unfortunately,  based on your description only, I do not think you are a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery. You are at  increased risk for complications given the medical issues you have listed and the fact that you are overweight.

I think it would be in your best interests  to seek consultation with professionals ( other than plastic surgeons)  to help you with weight loss.  These professionals may be people such as your internist, personal trainers, and/or dietitians. After you have  reached a weight closer to your long-term stable weight you should communicate your desires to have tummy tuck surgery with the physicians who know you best and see what their recommendations are.

Generally speaking, stopping Coumadin and exposing you to potentially life-threatening complications around the time of tummy tuck surgery  is not  a decision I suggest you or any physician make  lightly.