If I were to get a Tummy Tuck, would the Surgeon use the incision I have from C-Section? (photos)

I was wondering if I decided to get my stomach done (tummy tuck) would the Surgeon make another incision or use my c section. I want to know if I'll end up with two scars. Also, wanting to get an idea how much it'll cost for full TT. I know it depends but looking at the pics of my stomach. Approximately how much is a Tummy Tuck?

Tummy Tuck Incision, Cost of a Tummy Tuck

+1
In general, the c-section scar would be removed during a tummy tuck.  The incision is usually placed below the scar in order to remove it.  The cost of abdominoplasty or a tummy tuck varies from surgeon to surgeon and from one region to another.  Give your local board certified plastic surgeon a call and schedule a consult.  

Take Care,

Joseph C. Berardi, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1
Women who have a C section scar and desire a tummy tuck will usually have the C section scar removed with a tummy tuck incision and will typically have a new lower incision.  Costs are variable according to your geographic location.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon.  

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Scar

+1
Generally we like to go below the old C-Section scar and take that out with the rest of the skin that is to be removed. As to cost of surgery, the variations from one area to the next and even between surgeons in the same area vary so much that you would have to call around locally to have any accurate idea on that.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Tummy tuck scar

+1
Hello, thank you for your question and the pics. Your C section scar can and should be incorporated into your tummy tuck scar. I would advise if you decide in getting your tummy tuck, that your also get some liposuction done in order to improve your waistline and get rid of the fat deposit in your lower back. I would do some fat transfer to your buttocks to gain some projection and volume in that area, but that would be up to you. Prices for tummy tuck alone are US$2800 and for tummy tuck and liposuction US$4,000. It includes all lab workup, cardiologist consultation, all hospital fees, and 10 sessions of postop therapy massage with ultrasound therapy. 

Jose A. León, MD

Tummy tuck after C-section

+1
Usually we are able to remove the C-section incision as part of the tummy tuck by placing our incision just below the C-section scar (this way it's removed with the excess skin so you are left with one transverse incision).  Cost is variable and really does depend on the surgeon, so I think it's usually a good idea to meet at least a couple of Board-Certified Plastic Surgeons to get pricing as well as a sense of how they would approach your tummy in particular (full tummy tuck, mini, lipo, etc).  Great question and good luck!

Shahram Salemy, MD, FACS

If I were to get a Tummy Tuck, would the Surgeon use the incision I have from C-Section?

+1
Thank you for your question and photos. I do not use the C-section incision. I place my tummy tuck incision below it. You do have some looseness in the pubic area and that needs to be corrected as well. If I would use your C-section incision, than your final scar will end up too high. See a board certified plastic surgeon for an in office consultation/evaluation. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

+1
The C-section scar can usually be incorporated into the tummy tuck scar.  The tummy tuck will remove loose skin and tighten the muscles to produce a nice, flat, tight abdomen.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year. Look for great reviews and great before and after pictures.