Tummy Tuck Did Not Get Rid of Stretchmarks

I am two weeks post-op from my tummy tuck. I am happy with how flat my belly is but I'm not happy with the results of my stretch marks I still have them from my new belly button on down and they look the same so I am not happy, please tell me something I can do.

Persistent stretch marks after abdominoplasty

+3

Unfortunately, there is very little you can do for the remaining stretch marks.

These represent damage to the dermis of the skin and unitl we can figure out how to perfectly regenerate or replace the skin, like the tail on a newt, we will be unable to completely eradicated stretch marks.

I hope you can enjoy your new flat belly!

Remaining stretch marks after tummy tuck

+2

Stretch marks will only be removed during a tummy tuck if they are in the "zone of resection" (the tissue that is cut off). Your plastic surgeon should be able to draw an estimated zone of resection so that you will get an idea of how many of the stretch marks will remain after the tummyt uck.

In terms of getting rid of the marks you still have, I have had good results using Fraxel laser to soften these stretch marks. There is no way to completely eliminate them, but my patients have been happy. It will take 3-6 treatment sessions to get the desired result.

Tummy Tuck will only remove stretch marks below belly button

+2

The tummy tuck procedure will only remove the stretch marks that are included in the skin paddle located in the lower abdomen. Any stretch marks above the belly button will not be addressed.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/tummy-tuck/

Stretch marks and tummy tuck

+1

I tell patients that stretch marks that were within an ellipse of tissue from the mons pubis to the umbilicus will most likely be removed. Others above the umbilicus will be pulled lower.

Removal of stretch marks with a tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. Patients who undergo this procedure should understand that there is a significant recovery process. The way the tummy tuck is performed, stretch marks from just above were belly button down to your pubic region can easily be removed. However, if you have significant amount marks of your belly button these are very very difficult to remove. In a patient with high stretch marks, if all the stretch marks were removed it would not be possible to close the abdomen. Rest assured that you are still very early in the recovery process and the stretch marks look prominent when you're abdomen is swollen. As the swelling will continue to go away the appearance of your skin and are stretch marks will improve.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm