Tummy Tuck for Stretch Marks but Without Loose Skin?

Hello, my name is Gabriela. I'm 24 years old. I have a lot of stretch marks because of my pregnancy, my daughter is 6 months now. I've already done many treatments for the Stretch Marks (Pixel, CO2, Retinoic acid, V beam laser, Hyaluronic acid, Carboxitherapy, Crystal peeling).

Do you think is possible to remove the stretch marks with surgery (Tummy Tuck) even without loose /laxity skin? Thanks for your attention

1540 laser for stretch marks better option than Tummy Tuck for you

+1

Thank you for your question. Since you do not have much excess skin, and your stretch marks look pink and fairly fresh, laser treatment with a 1540 fractional erbium non-ablative laser may be your best option.

Please see the link below for a discussion of this new, effective laser treatment for stretch marks.

Stretch marks can be removed from tighter skin after pregnancy

+1

Stretch marks are by definition a disruption in the dermal elements of the skin. This is what effects the elasticity of the skin that ultimately leads to their visibility. Your skin is probably further affected by hormonal influences that may still be present postpartum.

Although your abdomen is flat, i am sure there is some laxity of the skin which may offer you some benefit from a tummy tuck. Remember.... you will be trading one group of scars for another. Although most of your stretchmarks may be removed with the procedure, there will most likely be some that may still be present however lower on the abdomen. You are also still young and may wish to visit this option after you finish having children.

Nick Masri, MD

Post pregnancy stretch marks

+1

Pregnancy can wreak havoc on the skin. Hormonal changes and weight gain can cause hyperpigmentation, stretch marks, and accelerated skin growth. For the most part, women are genetically predisposed to certain conditions, but there are things we can do to help skin regain its youthful, pre-pregnancy look. Post-pregnancy acid creams encourage exfoliation of dead skin, and help the skin to regain its glow. I sometimes use microdermabrasion on stretch marks, but it requires multiple treatments over a large area, and lots of patience. Some light lasers can also help tighten stretch marks. When sagging and scarring are really bad, though, I usually advocate a tummy tuck.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD

Treatment of Stretch Marks

+1

Stretch marks are not superficial "marks" - they are full thickness cracks in the skin which are filled with scar. As such, there is NO treatment for them - as you already found out already at a great cost.

Unfortunately, you do not appear to have a significant amount of skin laxity which would allow their removal with a tummy tuck. You may have to wait until you complete your family and then have to have a tummy tuck. As one who lives among some of the BEST plastic surgeons in the world you should have no problem finding a talented surgeon to help you.

Surgical treatment for stretch marks

+1

Unfortunately, stretch marks can be difficult to improve. You are not a candidate for surgery given you do not have skin excess/laxity. Some of the non-surgical approaches such as FRAXEL might help a little. However, if you truly had a CO2 LASER treatment, and I wonder if you did, FRAXEL would not help. If you did not have a CO2 LASER treatment, FRAXEL MIGHT offer some benefit. Hope this helps.

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Tummy tuck and stretch marks

+1

Without loose skin, there's no way for us to safely remove stretch marks in a tummy tuck. As your child is only 6 months old, I suggest waiting for another 6 months prior to undergoing any additional treatments. These marks do usually fade with time, although they will never disappear. Good luck, /nsn.

Nina S. Naidu, MD, FACS

Stretch marks of abdomen

+1

I do not believe that there is any satisfactory surgery for your condition. Some advocate the use of skin needling but I do not believe that this will make a dramatic difference. In my opinion, giving it time will be your best solution.