Can I Have a Tummy Tuck? I Have Stretch Marks And A Pot Belly

i have stretch marks on my lower stomach i also have one just above my belly button, i know only a full TT will remove the lower ones but im not sure if i am a candidate for this as i dont have much loose skin just a prouding "pot belly" although when i lie down i do have a bit of saginess where my stretch marks are. am i suitable for a tummy tuck, if so where will the stretch mark about my belly button be after, i also have a belly peircing what will happen in this case? where will the scar be?

You're a great candidate

+1

I expect you'd be thrilled with a tummy tuck.  You are trading a scar for a better contour and reduction of your stretch marks.    Go to a few consultations and see before and after photographs to properly set your expectations. 

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Will Remove Most Stretch Marks

+1

The stretch marks removed in a tummyn tuck varies, but, in your case, it appears that most of your stretch marks would be removed (those which are above the belly button may not be removed but would be moved to the lower abdomen).  Assuming that you are in good health and a nonsmoker, you seem to be a very good candidate for and tummy tuck and should be able to have a great result in the hands of an experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

John Whitt, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

A Tummy Tuck or abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgical procedure that flattens your abdomen by removing extra fat and skin, and tightening the muscles in your abdominal wall. As such it often will remove most of the stretch marks of your lwoer abdomen if not all and the tightening of the muscles can improve potbellies caused by stretching from pregnancies or gaining and losing a lot of weight. 

This is surgeru, so if you're considering it, take the time to educate yourself and seek out consultation with a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They will be able to evaluate you and make sure you are a good candidate for surgery and safely perform the procedure and follow-up. Best of luck on your journey! 

Dean Johnston, MD FACS 

Dean L. Johnston, MD

Good candidate for tummy tuck surgery

+1

From the photos posted, it looks like you are a good candidate for tummy tuck surgery to improve the contour of your abdomen.  I would recommend that you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and have them examine you and give you their best recommendations.  In my opinion, it is important to see a surgeon who have lots of experience with this procedure.  Best Wishes!

Tummy Tuck?

+1

From your pictures, I would agree that you would benefit from an abdominoplasty (Tummy-tuck).You will need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete medical history and full examination to be certain that it is a good procedure for you and so that you can become welll informed.

William H. Gorman, MD

Tummy tuck

+1

Definitely you are a candidate for this procedure. The thing now is for your plastic surgeon to explain to you which option is the best in your case in a regular examination.

Francisco Sauceda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Can I have a tummy tuck

+1

With the photos you showed, yes you are a candidate for a tummy tuck. Whether a full, or modified is determined by the surgeon at the time of your consultation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Options For The Pot Belly

+1

There is little doubt that you would benefit from a tummy tuck, it is merely a question of which type. A full tummy tuck always gets the best result as it removes more skin and fat, but the low horizontal scar will be longer and higher than that of a mini-tummy tuck scar. The mini-tummy tuck will also provide improvement just not as much as a full tummy tuck. You would only choose that route with the understanding that you will have less  abdominal flatness and some residual loose skin and remaining stretch marks because you are opting for a smaller and lower horizontal scar and no scar around the belly button. You have to pick which of their liabilities is more acceptable to you.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cure for stretch marks....

+1

The only cure for stretch marks is excision. Whether or not you will be a candidate for a tummy tuck depends on how much excess skin you have.  During the examination, I would have you lie down with the back of the exam table lifted to 30 degrees. If I can pull the skin above your naval and bring it down to your pubic bone, you will be a good candidate. If you don't have enough skin redundancy and you would still like surgical excision of the stretch marks and improvement of the "pot belly", you may still be a candidate for a tummy tuck, but will likely have a small vertical scar in your lower abdomen in addition to the horizontal scar.

The stretch marks around the umbilicus will be next to the horizaontal scar on your lower abdomen.

The piercing scar around your belly buttom will be revised during the umbilical transposition. You will have a brand new scar circumferentially around the new belly buttom position.

Hope this helps.

Joseph Ku, MD
Riverside Plastic Surgeon