Do Tummy Tuck Sticks Work?

I've seen a product called Tummy Tuck Sticks, which are a nutritional supplement with green clay, fennel seeds, pineapple, and papaya. Is it possible that taking this supplement could result in slimmer abs, alternative to tummy tuck?

I doubt it! Tummy tuck sticks instead of surgery

+1

I am not certain thst this would provide any significant improvement in the abdominal muscle tone, skin laxity or localized fatty deposits and truly doubt its effectiveness.

Tummy tuck sticks as alternative to surgery

+1

Uh, NO.  Tummy tuck, (abdominoplasty), addresses extra skin and fat.  It also gives the opportunity to re-oppose the muscles that have been stretched during pregnancy.  You can't do this by eating something.  This is a ridiculous claim.  Please don't waste your time and/or money on such foolishness. 

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Tummy tuck sticks are for dummies that want to get stuck!

+1

Answering this question only gives Rodial, the maker of this "nutritional supplement," free advertising.

This is only "modern" snake oil, the Emperor's new clothes, and the Mark Eden bust developer. It probably even tastes bad so you think it might be doing some good!

If you want the results of a tummy tuck, you need to have a tummy tuck. Even exercise, the only realistic alternative to surgery, cannot exercise or tighten skin, only the abdominal mucsles. So the exercise addicts (and I use the term lovingly) only get "abs of steel" beneath "skin of Shar-pei."

I hope the makers of this baloney eat enough of it to get severe diarrhea!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Hope in a Box. Dont buy it !!!

+1

NO. Most women that get tummy tucks have been pregnant. Assuming significant weight loss from diet and excersice, or even from the "magic potion" of the week, the muscle laxity, and skin damage will still remain. Look into a Bikini Tummy Tuck, and get real results.

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Tummy tuck alternatives

+1

The only good alternative to a tummy tuck is exercise.  This will tighten up your abs, but not your loose skin.  You can imagine that if sticks really worked, they would be tremendously popular.  Usually, when something sounds too good to be true.... it is.

Jason R. Hess, MD

You WILL Get "Stuck," but No "Tuck!"

+1

I looked at the web site to check out this product, which contains (cut and pasted from the website):

Green Clay- "this clay is rich in silica and minerals which help reduce bloating"

Fennel Seeds- "eliminate waste and gases, making the tummy appear flatter."

Pineapple and Papaya- "contain enzymes which help split proteins and help the body break down food quicker."

If you think that "reducing bloating," "eliminating waste and gases,"  "splitting protein," and breaking down food quicker will flatten your tummy, you can buy these supplements at your local health food store for a small fraction of the $70 or $80.

Claiming this will create a "tummy tuck" is deceptive to the point of criminal!

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck sticks are ridiculous. If you eat too many you might get fat.

+1

These sticks you talk about are total crap.  They have calories so if you feast on them you are likely to gain weight, some of it on the abdomen.  Don't waste your money.

Tummy tuck sticks? I think I've heard everything now!

+1

I cannot imagine a reputable company putting its name behind a product that claims to be a tummy tuck in a box!  Wow.  Buyer beware.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Tummy Tuck in a Box....save the $$.

+1

Tummy tuck in a box? Wow....quite a claim. Tummy tuck patients come in many shapes and sizes with excess skin or excess fatty tissue (or both), separated muscles (or not), hernias, stretch marks, etc. A dietary supplement will not correct any of these issues. Consult with your physician before trying any weight reduction plan and definitely let your surgeon know what herbal medications you are taking prior to surgery as some may cause side effects and complications after your procedure.

Hope this helps!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

I bet you are working for the Rodial

+1

I guess this is another way of increasing the hits on Google about Rodial. I was wondering how come you  do not have email address.. This is another snake oil that abuses the desire of the patients to get fast result with no surgery. If there is truth behind the claim,where is the scientific data and publication? As they say"buyer be ware"

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon