Tummy Tuck or Smart Lipo at Same Time As Breast Augmentation?

I am considering a BL/BA in Aug. I am interested in smart lipo too. Will i end up with loose skin after SL. Is the mini TT or full TT ? If so my concern is that I am a crying baby when it comes to pain . And I have heard that tummy tuck is painful; On the other hand advantage of having both the procedure done is one time anesthesia and recovery period. Please feel free to advice .. what should i opt for BA/Bl with TT at the same time or BA/BL first and TT after a year or so? Please advice!!

Smart lipo (laser lipolysis) and breast implant augmentation surgery and lift

+1

The main issue is if you have a muscle separation and skin laxity with bending at the waist, I would not waste my time with the laser lipolysis. If you otherwise have good muscle and skin tone, both of these procedures could easily be performed simultaneously.

Tummy tuck or Smart lipo at same time as breast augmentation

+1

My best advise is to see 3 boarded plastic surgeons in your area! Also thanks for the photo. My guess is you really do not need anything but you should research your desires to see if you are a candidate and have realistic expectations.

From MIAMI DR. B

For lax abdominal skin do a tummy tuck instead of lipo

+1

You have pointed out the obvious advantages to oing both procedures together. It is so commonly done now that it is often referred to as the "mommy makeover." For the tummy, I often use what is called an On-Q pump that slowly infuses a numbing solution into the area and pain is very manageable. I would advise caution in considering any version of lipo if there is a question of skin laxity. Laser lipo procedures are often hyped as an alternative because the laser treatment may help tighten the skin, but studies show that the additional skin tightening is minimal.

Richard Baxter, MD

BA & TT

+1

From the look of your picture, it seems as if you have had kids and have stretched out the skin of your abdomen - that would make you a good candidate for a Breast -Aug/Lift and a tummy tuck. Pain goes away. Smart lipo would not tighten y our abdominal skin or make it shrink - you would end up with excess skin and would probably need a tummy tuck anyway.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Tummy tuck vs. Liposuction

+1

It used to be that a tuck was the only option for a woman with a bulging tummy. Then lipo came along, and we could do a smaller procedure with virtually no scarring. However, people who have especially slack skin in their midsection need more than what lipo can offer. Typical candidates for this surgery are women with drooping abdomens after pregnancy, women and men who've lost a great deal of weight, menopausal women, or older people with loose skin due to age. In the tummy tuck, the skin from the rib cage down to the pelvic area is tightened, and the navel is moved up and secured in a new position.

Michelle Copeland, MD, DMD