Possible to Have a Tummy Tuck Through C-Section Scar?

I had to have multiple abdominal surgeries in the past few years that resulted in my not being able to have children, as well as diastasis recti. Because of this, my Dr recommended a tummy tuck. My question is, since I don't need much skin or any fat removed, would a surgeon be able to use my old scar (looks exactly like a C section scar)? I'm pretty petite and thin, and at only 21, I'm not comfortable with having the full "bicycle handle" scar.

Muscle only abdominoplasty

+1

It is possible to have a tummy tuck thougfh a c-section However the resutls will be somewhat limited if marked skin excess is present.   

Mini Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)

+1

You appear to be one of the few women for whom a Mini Tummy Tuck may work extremely well. You have a small amount of good quality but loose tummy skin and a high belly button which would not look strange if it came down a little. In the hands of a good Plastic surgeon your present C-section scar would be exchanged for a much nicer and barely noticeable scar.

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

There are few patients who are good candidates for a mini tummy tuck, but you seem to be one of those patients.  From your picture, it seems as though you would need a small amount of skin removed through your existing scar (which would probably end up being thinner and flatter) as well as repair of your diastasis below your belly button.  Find a board-certified plastic surgeon and go in for a consultation--that's really the only way to get all your questions answered.  Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Mini tummy tuck is done through C-Section scar.

+1

Hi.

You are the rare patient who actually is a great candidate for a mini abdominoplasty entirely done through your existing scar.  Your diastasis recti is corrected this way. The scar will be exactly the same length, and hopefully finer.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Use c-section scar for a tummy tuck

+1

From the picture it looks like the best procedure for you is a mini-abdominoplasty, not the full tummy tuck. This would provide very good access through the existing scar for the muscle repair, and keep the scar short and low because not much skin needs to be removed. Sorry to hear about your situation but you should get a very nice long-term result from the mini TT.

Richard Baxter, MD