Will a Second Tummy Tuck Remove the Rest of my Stretch Marks and Fix my Belly Button?

I had a tummy tuck 5 years ago and I never liked how my belly button turned out.. The scar around my belly button is about the size of a half dollar.. I am thinking of getting another tummy tuck to fix my belly button and remove the rest of my stretch marks. Will they have to place the tubes in again even if they don't need to sow the muscles back together again?

Tummy tuck revisions require special expertise

+2

Without pictures or seeing you personally, I can only offer a few general comments. With a tummy tuck usually all of the skin below the belly button down to the public area is removed, and the skin from the belly button to the ribs is undermined and has to be stretched all the way down. An opening is then made to bring the belly button back through, in its original location. After a tummy tuck has been done it is very unusual for there to be enough skin to be able to do a second one unless there has been a pregnacy or large weight gain and loss. And reducing the size of a belly button that is too large is also very difficult. These are some of the reasons why it is so important to get it right the first time, and why revisions require special expertise. The drains are related to the undermining and skin advancement, not the muscle repair. Progressive tension sutures canminimize the need for drains and shorten the time they would need to be in.

Removing stretch marks with a second tummy tuck

+1

In some instances, the striae may be removed if there is sufficient skin laxity. However, this may require additional scars including a vertical component.  

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/body-surgery-chicago/tummy-tuck/

Second Tummy Tuck to Remove Stretch Marks

+1

Depending on the amount of excess skin you have, you may or may not be a candidate for a secondary tummy tuck. I would need to see you in person to make an accurate assessment. Stretch marks can only be removed if they are on the excess skin, but cannot be removed if they are located on the mid to upper part of the skin, which will remain after tummy tuck surgery. As far as the belly button goes, if you have a scar around your belly button, use a silicone based scar cream to help diminish the appearance of the scar or undergo laser treatments to help fade the scar. Surgically, you can create another incision to reduce the width of the scar which may have been impacted by swelling and stretching after the surgery. Unless you have enough excess skin to perform a full tummy tuck, you will not be able to remove it and re-create the belly button.