Indented Scars Left After Tummy Tuck

After tummy tuck for tram flap the tummy scar was very tight, red and itchy. 9 months post op and my PS inject the area with multiple cortisone shots. This resulted in all the fat under the scar dissolving and the scar in severely indented.

I am now 12 months post op and the PS says there is nothing she can do. I look deformed, please help me.

Scar problems post TRAM

+2

If the soft tissue under the scar has "disappeared"  you may want to investigate the possiblity of having a revision of the scar performed.

Indented scar after a tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. It is possible to have a small amount of asymmetry along to your scar. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon as they can examine you and determine if you need a small scar revision or if a flap surgery with advancement of local tissue into the depressed area will best meet your needs.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Web reference: http://www.miamiaesthetic.com/abdominoplasty_photos.htm

Allow time for flaps to relax and then consider secondary repair.

+1

You may want to allow several months or even a year to elapse to allow sufficient laxity in the skin to perform a scar revision and advance the flaps so that a layered repair can be accomplished.

Although fat injections are an option, I would discourage you from pursuing this approach

Improving scars after Tummy Tuck

+1

The most important element in acheiving perfect tummy tuck scars are initial placement of the incision and suturing of the Scarpa's fascia during abdominoplasty. These elements should be addressed with your plastic surgeon before surgery.

If you have unsightly scars after abdominoplasty, you may be a candidate for revisional scar surgery, which does not have significant downtime.