What Would a Second Tummy Tuck Scar Look Like?

I had a full tummy tuck 5 months ago but i have some extra fatty skin on the left side above the scar, the right side is perfectly flat but not the left side and this really bothers me, when I am standing up i can see the scar on the right side but can't on the left it looks like if that side wasnt steched down enough or something, and i also have strch marks avobe my belly botton. I want to have a second tummy tuck but I want to know how would the scar will looke after a second procedure?

Stretch marks remain after tummy tuck with dog ears and asymmetry

+1

First, I don't believe your second tummy tuck would be able to eliminate the striae above your belly button. Secondly, it sounds as if you have a dog ear on the left which should be easy to repair and will simply extend the existing scar you have. Thirdly, nobody is perfectly even and differences in posture can cause one side to be very different from the other. This is not entirely correctable.

Revision of Tummy Tuck

+1

Hi there-

I would think that all you would need is a relatively minor revision of your tummy tuck to perfect its outcome.

Depending on the details, which would only be possible to understand after a careful examination, the scar need not be more conspicuous than the initial scar.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Secondary abdominoplasty

+1

It is very unusual to have to have a second abdominoplasty.  However, if you are having a secondary abdominoplasty, the incision can generally be made through the previous scar.   Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Not happy with a tummy tuck result?

+1

cubanita1,

Based on your description, all you probably need is a revision of your scar and perhaps some liposuction (or direct excision) of the extra fat. Doing a whole new tummy tuck may be excessive.  Either way, the new scar would simply replace the old one thus you should not have any more new ones.

To address residual stretch marks above the belly button is difficult because after your first tummy tuck you probably do not have sufficient loose skin to cut out the amount of extra skin I would imagine would be necessary to get rid of your remaining stretch marks.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Scarring after second tummy tuck can be very minimal

+1

A second tummy tuck may leave you with a very minimal scar.  This is because the old scar can be removed so that a fresh one is made.  A second tummy tuck can re-tighten any loose areas and even out any asymmetric areas.  Liposuction may also be needed to achieve the optimal result.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS