Tummy Tuck Scar Revision, Am I a Candidate? (photo)

I am 4 months PO. I do not like my scar placement and it is stressing me out and depressing me sooo much. I also don't think I'm as tight as I could be and have dog ears. Does it look like some smartlipo, skin tightening and lowering the scar are options for me to get a better result?

Revise Tummy Tuck Scar

+4

I would have to examine you in person to be certain, but from your photos it does appear that you have enough excess skin to revise your Tummy Tuck Scar to a lower location.

Careful Liposuction could also improve your result

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-tummy-tuck/boston-tummy-tuck-how-to-decide-if-you-need-an-abdominoplasty/

Revision will improve your results

+3
Hello, Yes, revision tummy tuck can be performed and will improve your result but I would wait a few more months before doing so. When doing I recommend that you get full redo of your tummy tuck. Doing so will allow maximun lowering of your incision as well as maximum tightening of both the soft tissue and the abdominal wall. Additional liposuction can be performed at the same time.

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Tummy Tuck Revision Surgery Candidate?

+3

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although you may want to wait a few additional months of (and even up to one year)  before undergoing revisionary surgery, I think you will be able to achieve an  improved results with additional skin excision and possibly liposuction surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Tummy Tuck Scar Revision, Am I a Candidate?

+2

No you are not at this time. you should wait at least a full year. But the issue is the pre operative discussions between you and your surgeon as to incision placement. This lowering idea is very very hard to achieve. No lipo will address these issues. 

After tummy tuck

+2

As a rule, the center of the abdomen is tighter than the sides after tummy tuck because much more tissue can be removed from the midline than from the sides. In your situation, you have two issues the level of the scar being too high and the extra tissue. You should discuss the revision with your doctor and wear underwear or bathing suit while being marked for the surgery to make sure the scar can be hidden, and where you want it. The level of the lateral arm of the scar has changed  many times as fashion has changed, and I suspect that it is going to continue to change with the garment fashion industry changes. 

Tummy Tuck Scar Revision

+2

Thanks for your question and for the photographs you have attached.from the third photo it looks like you're demonstrating some laxity near the edge of the incision. It looks like there is enough excess skin here event her incision could be lowered by extending your abdominoplasty part or most of the way around towards the back, the procedure some call posterior body lift or a belt lipectomy.

It looks from the photos that she's had a full tummy tuck, but the skin tightening from that procedure will not extend beyond the incision. I don't think that SmartLipo will give you any improvement.

Thanks and best wishes

Problem scars around the umbilicus and positioning of the low transverse scar after an abdominoplasty

+1

Problem scars around the umbilicus and positioning of the low transverse scar after an abdominoplasty.  The umbilical scar is really he cherry on the ice cream sundae when it comes to abdominoplasty surgery.  It is the most visible scar and most plastic surgeons are very careful to create a nice, aesthetically pleasing scar.  Everything can be done correctly and a small percentage of patients will make a bad scar.  Your scar and lateral fullness can be improved with a revision.