Tummy Tuck Scar Revision?

I had a tummy tuck on Sep 6, 2011. I was aware of all the risks and knew not to expect perfection. I am almost at a year now but I'm somewhat unhappy with the results. My doc explained that since I didn't have much body fat and a lot of stretch marks he couldn't put my scar as low as I wanted and my belly button couldn't be pulled deep enough to hide the scar. Is there anything I can do to have my belly button altered (a perfect circle look odd to me) and the scar/stretch marks fixed???

Timinig of tummy tuck revision

+1

Since you waited almost a year, you are now ready for a revision.  The scar can be repositioned lower and the scar around the umbilicus revised.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision

+1

I would wait 8-12 months before considering any revision.   A physical exam will be needed to see if your scar can be lowered.  A belly button scar revision (also known as an umbilicoplasty) is also an option.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Ask your surgeon about a revision of your umbilicus.  It is easy to undergo under local anesthesia.  Umbilicus revisions are not unusual and are usually pretty successful.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy tuck revision in Beverly Hills

+1

I have come across some tumy tucks where the scar was placed too high and the umbilicus was made too large. I always strive to place the abdominal scar very low so that it can be hidden by a bikini. Fortunately it is possible to revise your tummy tuck.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS