Tummy Tuck Scar Revision?

I had a tummy tuck on Sep 6, 2011. I was aware of all the risks and knew not to expect perfection. I am almost at a year now but I'm somewhat unhappy with the results. My doc explained that since I didn't have much body fat and a lot of stretch marks he couldn't put my scar as low as I wanted and my belly button couldn't be pulled deep enough to hide the scar. Is there anything I can do to have my belly button altered (a perfect circle look odd to me) and the scar/stretch marks fixed???

Anchoring sutures

+1
Thank you for your post. It is not common for surgeons to anchor the lower incision to the fascia or covering of the abdominal muscles to keep the scar low, however, I do use this technique and agree with it. All the tension on the incision is from above, not below, and thus the scar tends to move toward the area of maximal tension (towards the ribs/bellybutton). This moves the scar higher than desired. I like to keep my scars very low, and feel that anchoring the scar helps accomplish this. The following photo is an example of this.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Timinig of tummy tuck revision

+1

Since you waited almost a year, you are now ready for a revision.  The scar can be repositioned lower and the scar around the umbilicus revised.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck revision

+1

I would wait 8-12 months before considering any revision.   A physical exam will be needed to see if your scar can be lowered.  A belly button scar revision (also known as an umbilicoplasty) is also an option.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

Ask your surgeon about a revision of your umbilicus.  It is easy to undergo under local anesthesia.  Umbilicus revisions are not unusual and are usually pretty successful.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy tuck revision in Beverly Hills

+1

I have come across some tumy tucks where the scar was placed too high and the umbilicus was made too large. I always strive to place the abdominal scar very low so that it can be hidden by a bikini. Fortunately it is possible to revise your tummy tuck.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS