Laser Treatment to Fix Tummy Tuck Scar and Remaining Fat?

I had a Tummy Tuck 5 years ago. Now my scar is still there and my tummy looks like there's a separation from the upper and the lower part (upper have more fat than lower part). Can laser smoothen up my tummy and erase the scar?

Revising old tummy tuck issues

+1

It sounds like your problem could be addressed by some form of liposuction with a possible surgical scar revision.

Once you have a scar made by an incision, it can never be made to disappear. It can be made to be appear less prominent by evening out the disparity in the fat levels of the upper and lower areas. And, if the scar is indented or widened, removing it and restitching the area can result in a less prominent incision line.

How the liposuction is carried out is a matter of the surgeons preference. There are a number of techniques available, but the bottom line is getting rid of the excess fat. Non invasive methods are not likely to solve this problem.

Northborough Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.