Tummy Tuck Scar Concern, Is It Infected? (photo)

I am 4 months post op and am concerned about 2 places at my incision. I noticed two knots and they look infected. There has been some discharge. Should I be concerned about staph? I've thought maybe this could be an ingrown hair since my incision is very low. Not painful but I do still have some numbness in that area. Also, I'm going on vacation in a month to the beach...should I avoid getting into the ocean and the pool at the condo?

Tummy tuck incision problems

+2

It would be less likely for a full blown infection to show up at 4 months if it hadn't before than it would to be a suture spitting.  Of course, the thing to do is to go to the doctor who did the surgery and be seen and ask these questions.

Area of concern

+2

I agree- get it checked by your surgeon.   It might be something as simple as a suture which is spitting....or it could be an early infection.  It needs an in-person evaluation.

Tummy tuck scar concern.

+2

Hello. I would recommend you consult your surgeon. It seems as though you have an area that needs to be looked at to be sure there isn't an infection. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperez.com

Incision concern

+1

Judging by the photo, I would contact your plastic surgeon and plan on being seen to make sure there is no infection causing your symptoms.

Best of luck and thank you for the question and the photo.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Infection after Tummy Tuck?

+1

Thank you for the question that picture.

Based on the picture, I think you do have some form of localized infection. Most likely it is related to an underlying stitch. The area may need to be drained by your plastic surgeon ( if it doesn't spontaneously do so before you see him/her).

I would suggest follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm