Changing Micropore Tape over Tummy Tuck Incision?

I have been wearing micropore tape over my Tummy Tuck scar since the stitches came out. How often should I change this tape? My PS said that it should start coming off after 10 days but mine is still stuck on pretty good. When I try to pull it off, the scab starts lifting up with it and it burns a little.

When to change tape after surgery

+3

I always have my patients wear micropore tape on their scars for 3 months after surgery. It helps produce a better quality scar. Leave the tape on until it is loose and lifting off on its own. It is not necessary to change it just because it has been on for a while. My patients commonly leave it on for 2-3 weeks and then change it because it has become loose. When loose, just peel it off. I am not clear if she/he wants you to keep using it. Ask your plastic surgeon if you should reapply. It is easy to do.

Hope this helps.

See your surgeon

+1

There are things for which you need your surgeon. Taking off tape on a fresh wound that recently had sutures removed should be done under his or her direction, in my opinion.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon