Do I Need A Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of the Lower Belly Fat I Have? Or Are There Certain Foods an Exercises I Can Do? (photo)

I;ve always been a little chubby before I had my two kids, but after both my pregnancies my belly is like jello and my lower belly hangs. Is a tummy tuck needed or are their exercises to help me get rid of all of this fat? I weigh 163 at the moment. and I need to be in my 120s, 130s. Tell me what I need to do please? How it looks makes me feel horrible about myself and I want to be fit and in shape. If a tummy tuck is needed how much does it cost?

Tummy tuck does what diet and exercise alone can't

+2

Given the degree of skin laxity shown in the photos, there is no question that a tummy tuck will give the best results. Exercise and diet will help with the weight loss first, but they cannot tighten skin or "spot" reduce. So do what you can on your own and plan on a tummy tuck when the time is right.

Web reference: http://www.drbaxter.com/abdominoplasty.html

Tummy tuck for fat removal

+1

You need an abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement.  This is a technique that has been proven to be effective in reducing weight and keeping the weight off.  At surgery several pounds of skin and fat are resected.  This technique will remove the lower belly fat and strengthen your abdominal wall.  Low fat diet and exercise can produce weight loss but long term results are poor with the patients returning to original weight.  An abdominoplasty with mesh reinforcement costs $6900 in Houston, TX.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://spectrum.ieee.org/geek-life/profiles/weight-loss-surgery-as-systems-engineering

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Diet and exercise vs tummy tuck

+1

This is a very common question asked by many patients after childbirth.  To answer your situation specifically, if you feel that you can realistically lose another 20-40 lbs and that is close to your pre-pregnancy weight, then I would continue to try to lose that weight.  If your skin quality around the lower abdomen is good, you may be satisfied not getting a tummy tuck.  With that said, and based on your photos, I would surmise that your skin and soft tissue will not shrink to the degree that you would be happy with.  Only a tummy tuck in combination with liposuction can adequately correct all the issues that you have in your abdomen.  Lastly, a tummy tuck is not a weight loss procedure, and you may only lose a pound or two after surgery.  Some women get fit and trim and plateau and then decide to have the surgery.  Others become more motivated to get fit after they see the results of their surgery.  So my advice would be to know yourself well, be realistic, and know what your goals are.

Southport Plastic Surgeon

Exercise Can't Target a Specific Fat Area or Tone Skin

+1

Plastic Surgeon's always get the best long lasting result when you are at your steady weight (i.e. plateaued +/- 5 pounds in a year). Once your weight is stable  and you have made permanent lifestyle changes with diet and exercise you will be a a great candidate for a tummy tuck and probably some liposuction in your upper abdomen and hips. Exercise Can't Target a Specific Fat Area or reduce or tone skin which is why the surgical approach in addition to diet/exercise modifications will be needed.

Web reference: http://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/body/tummy-tuck/

Tummy Tuck Option

+1

I think a healthy diet and exercise should always be encouraged.  However, it appears you have loose skin and likely muscle separation after having kids.  Unfortunately, often, no amount of diet and exercise can reverse many post pregnancy changes to your tummy wall.  Therefore, you are likely a good candidate for a tummy tuck procedure +/- lipo of your waist.   Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.  Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Brownsville TT

+1

You'll do great with a TT!  If you get lipo, depending on your weight at the time of surgery, the cost will be around $8-9 k for everything.  Keep working for your goals!

Web reference: Http://www.doctormeade.com

Weight Loss May Improve the Results of Your Tummy tuck

+1

Thank you for your question and pictures.  You have a fair amount of excess skin in your lower abdomen.  Either weight loss or liposuction alone will increase the overhanging skin.  Liposuction can improve your contour somewhat but will not give as much of a benefit as a tummy tuck.  If you are able to drop some of your extra weight before the abdominoplasty you will get a better overall improvement. 

Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Tummy tuck is a better option

+1

Given your photos, a tummy tuck will achieve a better aesthetic outcome than liposuction. Infact you wil have more loose skin with liposuction alone.

Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck for Me?

+1

It appears that a tummy tuck would be an appropriate procedure for you.  You mention that you would like to lose some weight.  I doubt this will completely correct what bothers you but if you want to lose weight you should probably lose some of it before proceeding with surgery.  It you are not successful with your weight loss then you could have a tummy tuck procedure at your present wieght. 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

TT corrects efectively and performs much better low an upper belly than any another procedure

+1

yes you would need a combined lypo with TT, the results  will be  spectacular your  shape in the photo looks apropriated for this kind of  surgical procedure  recovery time no more than 10 days, hospitalization day just one night,costs $8,000 usd  aprox.

presurgical preparation it is  basic and sage

Mexico Plastic Surgeon