Will a Tummy Tuck Get Rid of All my Stretchmarks and Belly Button Piercing Scar?

I've had children and had a nice flat tummy before, and wanted to know if a tummy tuck will help with the orange peel looking skin and stretch marks- which extend up about 2 inches above my belly button. Also the scar from my belly button piercing. Any advice would be great.

Stretch marks from pregnancy

+1
You appear to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty and you should get a nice result. Typically the ellipse of skin that is removed during the procedure will remove the central stretch marks below your umbilicus.A full tummy tuck will remove the skin below your belly button.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination and a thorough discussion of your goals and to learn what is possible.

Tummy tuck for stretch marks removal

+1

Thank you for submitting your question and photograph. A personal examination by a board certified plastic surgeon is necessary to truly answer your question.

As a general rule when a full tummy tuck is done stretch marks from the upper level of your umbilicus or belly button down to the pubic region are typically removed. Often the belly button piercing hole can be removed as well.

Stretch marks that extend significantly above your upper belly button often cannot be removed and still leave and acceptably low scar which can be well hidden with a bathing suit. Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, experienced in tummy tuck surgery and who has a neck the reputation in your community.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Stretch Marks removed during Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Usually,  tummy tuck operations are successful in removing stretch marks at the level or slightly above the umbilicus.  Umbilical piercings can usually be removed as well. Of course, the lower the tummy tuck incision is kept,  the more stretch marks (and piercings) will remain after the procedure.

Your plastic surgeon will be able to demonstrate the area of planned excision to you.

Stretch Marks & Tummy Tuck

+1

A full tummy tuck usually removes most, if not all of the stretch marks below the belly button or umbilicus.  In your case this should be the situation.  The umbilical scar will likely be removed as well and the stretch marks which are located above your belly button should be moved to your suprapubic area.

John Whitt, MD

Tummy Tuck Removing Stretch Marks

+1

Tummy tuck known as abdominoplasty will tighten the weakened abdominal wall and remove excess loose abdominal skin.   The procedure will typically remove the majority of stretch marks that are at the level of the belly button (umbilicus) and below.  It may remove some the stretch marks that are above the umbilicus but, this is determined by the amount of skin laxity.  For more information, see DRMEZROW.com

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck removes excess skin

+1

A tummy-tuck is performed when there is excess skin usually following weight loss and/or pregnancy(ies). The amount of skin removed depends on the amount of excess skin. In almost all cases the entire skin below the belly button is removed. In cases where there is an unusual amount of excess skin further skin removal including part of the skin above the belly button may also be removed. In any case the belly button ring scar should be able to be removed. It's important for you to know that it is only during the actual surgery when your surgeon will know whether all the desired  excess skin can be removed. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Stretch marks can only be cut out

+1

If your stretch marks are below the navel then most of them will be removed as a full tummy tuck the old navel will be pulled down to the pubis and a new navel will be made.  It will be very difficult to cut out the scar above your navel.

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Ill a Tummy Tuck Get Rid of All my Stretchmarks and Belly Button Piercing Scar?

+1

From the so kindly posted photo my answer is only 70 to 80% of the stretch marks will be gone. You just do not have enough tissue to stretch downward. See in person boarded PSs in your area. 

With a tummy tuck most of the scar should be gone but not all

+1

In most tummy tucks all the skin below the umbilicus will be removed sometimes a portion of the skin above will be removed.  The umbilical scar should be removed as well.  Regardless you should have a significant cosmetic improvements.

Dev Wali, MD

Tummy Tuck to Improve Crinkly Skin and remove Belly Button Ring Hole

+1

Those stretch marks above the belly button will not be gone, but they will be quite low and stretched tightly so that the “orange peel skin” will be flat and, mostly, smooth. It is usually also usually easy to remove the piercing. From your picture, you should get a good result.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon