Will a tummy tuck get rid of most of my stretch marks? (photo)

After 4 pregnancies and a considerable weight gain and loss each time I have been left with saggy skin on my stomach. I am happy with my size and look fine with clothes on but absolutely hate my stretchmarks. If I could get rid of the majority on my stomach so I could wear a nice bikini I would be happy but I am also worried that the resulting scar may look even worse. Will it be worth it to have it done?

Will a TT remove my stretch marks

+1

A tummy tuck will remove some of your stretch marks, typically the ones below your belly button. The stretch marks above your belly button will pulled down and be below your belly button so those along with the scar should be hidden nicely by your underwear. The scar usually goes from hip bone to hip bone and in some cases if you don't have enough loose skin, you may have a small vertical incision but your surgeon will let you know if that is possibility after an exam. Whether this procedure is worth it is a personal decision and must be made by you. Give it some thought and take a look at many before and after photos so you can see the scar and see if you can live with it. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will a tummy tuck get rid of most of my stretch marks?

+1

A tummy tuck for you would get rid of most but not all your stretch marks, since some of them are at the level of your belly button. In addition to the hip to hip scar, you may also have a small vertical scar where the cut out of your belly button is. This is because you have some, but not a lot, of extra skin. Because of this, the plastic surgeon may not be able to get rid the wedge of skin up to your belly button, he or she may need to stop below your belly button. If you are willing to get rid of most of your stretch marks and have a well concealed bikini line scar, then a tummy tuck for you is probably a good choice. I would recommend that you see an experienced aesthetic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery in your area for an in person consultation.

James C. Grotting, MD, FACS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks

+1

Hard to say without a physical exam but an abdominoplasty will certainly remove some of your stretch marks from your abdomen but hard to say to what extent. The scar can normally be hidden underneath the underwear. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Worth It?

+1

Yes, a well executed tummy procedure should improve the appearance of your abdominal wall significantly. Stretch marks from the pubic bone to the umbilicus would be removed and the abdominal wall muscles re-approximated. Only you will be able to determine whether the trade-off of the lower abdominal wall scar is “worth” the improvements achieved.

Is it worth it

+1

Hi Matts. Only you can decide if it's worth it. I believe a full Tt done by a competent ps should give you an excellent result. They should be able to place the scar where you want it as well.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

A tummy tuck will remove stretch marks

+1

A tummy tuck or Abdominoplasty consists of 3 basic maneuvers:

1. Skin removal
  2. Muscle tightening
  3. Subcutaneous fat removal

Since everyone is built differently, every tummy tuck is different and customized to that individual. Based on the submitted photos, the majority of your stretch marks would be removed during a tummy tuck procedure. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure frequently, good luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

+1

The tummy tuck will remove the stretchmarks to the level of the belly button. The scar can be well concealed if placed in a low position.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy tuck and stretch marks

+1

Based on your photos you look like a great candidate for a tummy tuck. Most of your stretch marks will be gone, and the remaining ones that are currently above your belly button will be down by the incision under your bikini bottom. You will definitely look fantastic in a bikini after a well performed tummy tuck.

Luis H. Macias, MD

Tummy Tuck and Stretch Marks

+1

Based on your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a Tummy Tuck. Most likely, all of your stretch marks will be removed during the surgery. There is no reason to believe that you could not look great in a bikini after your surgery.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD