Will I Need a Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Lose Skin or Will Exercise Get Rid of It? (photo)

+1

Under exposed posted photos! My guess is a mini TT might work but again not sure. Seek IN PERSON opinions. 

Will I Need a Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Loose Skin or Will Exercise Get Rid of It?

+1

You may want to consider a short scar tummy tuck, which will have the same length scar as the minitummy tuck but will remove about twice as much skin as well as allow tightening of the abdominal wall.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Will I Need a Tummy Tuck to Get Rid of Lose Skin or Will Exercise Get Rid of It?

+1

When the skin is stretched by weight change or pregnancy, the amount of recovery depends upon the residual skin elasticity. If the skin doesn't shrink back on its own, no amount of exercise will accomplish that, and surgical removal of the excess is the only solution.

From your photos, it looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. When you are ready for an in person consultation,RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Tummy Tuck or Abdominolasty

+1

It's hard to tell from the photo because of the exposure but it looks like you have separation of the rectus muscles which accounts for the "pouching" of the lower abdomen. Unfortunately all the diet, exercise, and situps in the world won't put those muscles back together in the midline and tighten the abdomen wall.  If there is loose skin and stretch marks dieting and weight loss can often make this appear worse like letting the air out of a balloon. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring for a consultation for more specific details. It looks like you might get a great result with a tummy tuck. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon