Candidate For Tummy Tuck Revision? PS is Concerned About My Reactinos.

I am over 1 year post op from full TT and have numerous hard lumps along the midline and off center as well as multiple blistering episodes on the belly button. Currently nursing an open wound to help relieve the belly button blistering. Is it wise to consider a revision of the TT with non perm sutures or remove all ethibond suture material and allow laxity to come back? I am so sad.. My PS said he is very concerned about another surgery for me because of my reactions.

Candidate For Tummy Tuck Revision? PS is Concerned About My Reactinos.ANS:

+2

I would not be concerned about returning laxity one year later...Your tissues have fused together and the sutures are no longer needed. But you cannot continue with open, draining sores and I think you do need all of the suture material removed...It is very unusual to have this happen, but it can and I think you will heal well after their removal...sorry you have to go through that...

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Chronic wound following tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for the question. Chronic wounds are unusual after tummy tuck. If it has been a year and still have open wounds then I think you need to have something done. A second option will help.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Tummy tuck revision

+2
I agree with Dr. Boyd. An open wound one year postop is completely atypical. I would certainly want to know more about the operation, your postop course, etc. and agree that it would be wise to see another plastic surgeon in consultation. An underlying infection or sinus tract must be ruled out and, if you have a foreign body reaction to the suture material, I do not understand why revision has not been suggested to you sooner.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Tummy Tuck Complications

+2

Open wounds a year after a tummy tuck are highly unusual. I would be worried about the chronic underlying infection and get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

J. Brian Boyd, MD