Tummy Tuck Revision Possible? (photo)

Hi, I had a full TT with hernia repair in September 2011. I am not happy with my results. What can be done to improve my appearance? I have lost 6 kg's aswell after the TT.

Dissatisfied after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.  
At this point, I would suggest that you make sure you are involved in a healthy diet and exercise program.  From the surgical standpoint, I think you will benefit from revisionary surgery. Depending on exactly what your areas of concern are, revisionary surgery may involve additional liposuction and/or skin excision.  It will be best for you to review your concerns with your plastic surgeon in front of a full-length mirror;  together you will come up with the best course of action.

Tummy Tuck Revision Possible?

+2

Might entertain the idea of scar revision with liposuction. But over internet very hard to be specific. Best to seek in person evaluations. 

You can get an improvement

+2

With out a doubt you can get some improvment with further surgery.  You probably do not need an entire tummy tuck, but rather a mini-version which would involve pulling the scar down lower, and doing a little liposuction to the abdomen.  This will make the abdomen more flat, make the scar lower and easier to hide in underwear and a bathing suit, and also give the scar a chance to be more thin. 

Best regards,

Dr. Lane Smith

Lane Smith, MD

Tummy Tuck Revision Possible?

+2

Thank you for your question and for the photos. You have certainly had some considerable improvement. It would be helpful to know the specific issues that make you less than satisfied. 

I do see apparent fullness at the end of the surgical field, and that can be improved with either liposuction, or by extending the TT further around the back. 

I note also some fullness in the abdominal wall, but I cannot tell if that is from a thick fat pad under the abdominal skin, or from laxity of the abdominal muscles, or from intra-abdominal volume. The latter can be improved only by weight loss, the former by either liposuction for the fat or muscle repair for the laxity. 

The best suggestions would come following an in person examination. 

Thanks for your question, all the best. 

Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

Tummy Tuck revision is possible but liposuction may be the better answer.  I would strongly recommend that you achieve your goal weight and keep it stable before you consider any additional body contouring procedure.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Liposuction or Revision tummy tuck surgery

+1

The extra fullness may be due to extra fat in the area and you may be a candidate for liposuction to recontour the abdomen and waistline. I perform these regularly on patients who have had tummy tucks.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Revision Possible?

+1

Thanks very much for your question.  It's likely too early to do anything in the area other than some liposuction.  You could have some liposuction done that would help to contour the area further and possible give you more of the result that you were looking to achieve.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck expectatios

+1

It looks like you got a reasonable result from the surgery.  If you have subsequently lost 15 pounds or so and yet you still look a little heavy, maybe more weight loss is the answer.  In addition, some liposuction of the flanks might be warranted.  Check back with your surgeon, they look like they know what they are doing.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS