Would You Consider a Tummy Tuck Revision? (photo)

full tummy tuck last year.. took 7 pounds of skin off my belly. I have dog ears and i still have a pooch above the scar and when i sit down my skin and belly hang over my scar a little i also had a infection about 3 weeks after my tummy tuck in the middle of my scar and he had to re open it and let it close on its on i had to keep it packed..now my scar has an indention and looks like a dented spot..also my belly is uneven looking when i stand up one side pooches out furthur than than the other side ..

Tummy Tuck Revision Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and photographs, I think you are a good candidate for tummy tuck revisionary surgery. This operation will likely involve additional skin/adipose tissue excision. Liposuction surgery may also be helpful. The wide/depressed scar can be improved upon.

I would suggest that you follow-up with your plastic surgeon and express your areas of concerns clearly.

If you are unhappy a revision would be appropriate

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  The decision to undergo a revision is based on your perspective and your desired goals.  You do have some components that would benefit from a revision including the dog ears, central scar, and some residual contouring.  There are small revisions and there are full tummy tuck re-dos which essentially involves redoing the entire procedure.  You will have to decide what you would like to accomplish as well as the time and money investment you are willing to expend.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD

Revision of abdominoplasty

+1

It is not unusual to have upper and lower fat thickness discrepancies that will benefit from more aggressive liposuction after healing has taken place.  The scars could be revised to make them smoother (and even somewhat lower and the skin tighter) and the liposuction done to thin the abdomen.  If it bothers you, then it is worth a revision.

Nathan T. Leigh, MD
Edina Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Revision Surgery

+1

It is appropriate to consider a revision one year after your surgery.

An examination would be needed to detetrmine exactly what procedure would best benefit you. Consult your surgeon who is most familiar with your case for advice.

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Yes you are candidate for a small revision/ sai eres buena candidata para una revision

+1

in the  next surgery i would do another lypo, pply on you belly, i remove dog ears and correct new scar  removing a little belly  skin excess, and that is all.of course if you are in conditions to do it.

si en la proxima operacion, te haria una lipo de abdomen y retiro de excesso de grasa, mas retirar un poco mas de piel y dejar una mejor cicatriz as como correjir las orejas resultantes

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon