Tummy Tuck Revision - is It Possible?

Several years ago my doctor performed a tummy tuck. He did a beautiful job but because he also performed unnecessary liposuction several months before that, it doesn't look as good as it should. While my waist is nice and tight and my belly is flat, I have unsightly dents and can't wear a bikini without feeling self conscious. Fast fowward several years later and I have loose skin to boot. Can I get a revision and would I get cut into again or would the loose skin just be removed?

Liposuction irregularity is challenging to correct

+1

Thank you for the question.  I would encourage you to upload some photos as these can be very helpful in providing more accurate advice.  In general liposuction irregularity is challenging to correct and often involves additional liposuction and fat grafting.  If you have excess laxity of the skin and soft tissue a revision tummy tuck may be helpful.  To accomplish this the incision would have to be re-used although this may be a good time to lower the incision at the same time if it is not low enough.

Dr Remus Repta

Tummy tuck revision and liposuction revision

+1

Tummy tuck revisions are very common and can recontour and retuck the area of your upper and lower abdomen.  I perform these revisions commonly. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck Revision - is It Possible?

+1

Complicated  problem. It's hard to know where to begin without at least some photos to review. Even with photos, the problems may not be seen in two dimensions, so a live evaluation in a plastic surgeon's office is best. 

There are a number of possibilities including revision of the TT, fat grafting or other fillers, but I don't have enough to go on.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.

Repeat tummy tuck

+1

I agree with the previous comment. It is difficult to give you a simple answer because of the complexity of your case. Dimpling can be solved by fat grafting. Excess tissue can be removed but the entire situation is more complicated due to the fact that you have had procedures before. I would visit with a board certified plastic surgeon for a detailed plan. Good luck.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Complicated situation needs in detail analysis

+1

You have a complicated situation where you had liposuction then attempted correction of liposuction with an abdominoplasty but are still not pleased with the results.  There is no way a surgeon on here can give you a plan of action without seeing your abdomen.  Perhaps you need to have your incision reopened and revised.  Perhaps you need fat grafting to the depression spots.  Perhaps there is nothing that can be done.  It is a difficult question that you ask and even meeting with multiple surgeons will give you multiple different plans thus I suggest meeting with several board certified plastic surgeons and getting several suggestions then going with the plan that seems the most logical.  

Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Yes your BBL may be improved after your actual shape

+1

i would rather choose in your case no to cut or remove the loosen skin if not  refill if still any fat tissue to transplant then i would choose a  safer biological  autodegradant collagen  called "macrolane" than may refill nicely your  requirements  properly, the problem than perhaps in a couple of years you would need to do it again.

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon