Should I Have a Tummy Tuck Revision Surgery or Just Be Happy with What I Have?

I had a mini tummy tuck 2 months ago and Im pleased with the results however the dr ask me if I wanted to have revision surgery on my scar after I have healed of course.I have a normal horizontal scar and also a vertical scar where my belly button was and there wasnt enough skin to remove it all.I have a new belly button. He said he could get that vertical scar alot shorter and do a little more lipo.Im worried if he removes more skin it will be too tight but I would love this scar to be smaller.

Tummy tuck revision

+1
Ask your surgeon why he recommends a revision. He may tell you honestly that there is room for more improvement. If so, you can make an informed, personal decision on whether to have a scar revision. Glad that you are enjoying your new abdomen. The scar may heal nicely in the coming months so you can take some time to decide on whether to revise it.

When to revise a tummy tuck.

+1

The ultimate answer depends upon your satisfaction with the results of your surgery. At 2 months, it is too soon to judge the final results. Give yourself at least 6 months before deciding. If you are happy, why undergo the procedure?

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Weigh the return versus the risk

+1

Ask yourself what you see that might be of concern.  Find out what it is that your surgeon sees.  Ask if he is charging you for the revision.  Request an explanation of the possible risks to operating again.  Discuss the possible advantages of waiting until 9 months after the surgery to let all the swelling settle down and the scars soften and then re-evaluating whether the revision surgery is necessary.  Once you have this information, you can make a better decision about whether to proceed at this time.

Good Luck!

David N. Hing, MD
Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Revision abdominoplasty

+1

Without an exam or at least photos it is impossible to suggest what to do for your abdominal revision surgery.

Tummy tuck revision

+1

Seems unusual that your surgeon would suggest revision of your tummy tuck just two months after your procedure. The bottom line is that if you are happy with the result, don't revise it. Sometimes a very good result should be seen as good enough. Even revision involves some risk, so if you like your result, leave it alone.

peterejohnsonmd

Revision surgery

+1

if you are happy with the result,  why change anything.  there are possible complications with any surgery.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Revision abdominoplasty

+1

hard to tell without seeing photos. but if overall you are pleased, trust your plastic surgeon. a little more time, will help the scar fade. if he wants you to do it now, hopefully he feels it should be better and will not charge you.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon