Should I Have Had Muscle Repair with my Tummy Tuck?

I had my tummy tuck done over 3 months ago i have 3 children but my surgeon said he didnt need to repair my abdominal walls. today I still look and feel the same way post surgery, he said give it time, i'm still bruised painful, and much swollen and I only see improvement when I wear that garment.

Tummy tuck and muscle repair

+1

It would be very unusual to not have one's muscles put closer together. This is one of the key steps of a tummy tuck procedure. Maybe you had a general surgeon or OBGYN surgeon and not a plastic surgeon do your procedure. It would be difficult to achieve a flat stomach and narrowing of your waist without a muscle tightening unless it was already flat.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

You should look much better 3 months after tummy tuck.

+1

Hi.

Something is wrong, because swelling does not last three months after a tummy tuck.  I cannot second guess your surgeon, because I didn't examine you, but most women after three pregnancies need to have their muscles repaired.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)