Tummy Tuck to Repair Torn Stomach Muscles?

I have torn stomach muscles. I have been getting shots in my stomach for 3 month now to no relief. Will a Tummy Tuck work for this and will my insurance cover it seeing it is muscle?

Torn abdominal muscle and tummy tucks

+1

I agree with all the other opinions. The surgey should take about and hour. If I was you I'd get a second opinion from another surgeon certified by the AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY. You can find one in your area. Three hours seems way too long, unless he/she wants you to "hang around" after the surgery to observe you prior to going home. I read your comment at the bottom, and you don't seem very confident in this surgeon, find another one.

See a surgeon to determin insurance elegibility for muscle separation or hernia

+1

Currently, it appears that insurance companies are increasingly denying the procedure of rectus muscle diastasis repair. This is most likely the best method of repairing the muscle separation.

If you have a true hernia, then the insurance may cover all or a portion of the costs. The best way to determine this is to have a general surgeon or plastic surgeon perform and evaluation and establish a diagnosis. This may even require diagnostic imaging such as an ultrasound or CAT scan or MRI