Tummy Tuck Repair and Small Amout of Lipo? How Soon Can I Return to High Impact Exercise?

I would normally run 3 times a week and train for half marathon and 10k races.. also do 2 insanity classes a week.. Been just over 3 weeks since my surgery now and im back to running 30 mins on the treadmill at a 10min mile pace. So easy pace.. When can i return to my insanity and core classes. both of which are high impact. And also have a half marathon in 7 weeks ? Can i enter this? And will this return to exercise hamper my recovery..

High Impact Exercise After Abdominoplasty

+1

To do high impact exercise after a true abdominoplasty with repair to diastasis rectis, I have my patients wait at least 6 weeks as that will maximize wound healing. Anything short of that you can burst some of the sutures and certainly I would not begin marathon training for at least 6-8 weeks after an abdominoplasty.

Exercise after tummy tuck

+1

The person to ask is your own plastic surgeon because each of us has his or her own postop regimen but, in general, you should not engage in strenuous activity for at least 6-8 weeks after surgery.  I would be reluctant to permit a patient of mine to participate in a half marathon and intense core regimens should be refrained from for three months minimum. 

How Soon Can I Return to High Impact Exercise?

+1

This question is best asked to your own surgeon, who knows what was done and has been monitoring your progress. Your healing wounds will reach about 90% of their maximum strength at about 6 weeks after surgery. That is the basis for a six week delay in heavy exertion recommended by most surgeons.

All the best.

Return to Exercise after Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to returning to specific activities. Remember, that your plastic surgeon knows exactly what was done, how you are progressing ( with or without complications),  knows more precisely what you are planning on doing when it comes to activities, and is ultimately responsible for your care.
Receiving advice online in this regard may be confusing or worse.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_tummyTuck.htm

Exercise after tummy tuck

+1

I usually recommend returning to cardio workouts 3 weeks after a tummy tuck.  Core training, p90x, insanity, high impact exercise should begin at 6 weeks provided you are healing well.

Web reference: http://www.northtexasplasticsurgery.com/blog/