Am I a Candidate for Tummy Tuck Revision?

I had a mini tummy tuck in 06 after my 1st child. I thought I was done w kids bc it was a difficult pregnancy. I was not happy w the results. I had lumps, a flat, stretched out belly button, and my scar was MUCH higher than was agreed upon pre-op. I had little tags of skin sticking out of the scar. My dr couldn't care less post op & was very rude. I moved on. I remarried and had another baby in 2010, then developed an incarcerated umbilical hernia in 2011. Baby #3 came after that. Now what?

A full tummy tuck after a mini tummy tuck

+1
It would be nice to have photos but my guess is that you could have a fully tummy tuck especially since you have had two babies since your mini. 

I am very, very selective about doing mini tummy tucks because it has been my experience (after 22+ years in practice) that minis often do not stand the test of time and age.  I have had several of my mini patients come back after 5, 10 even 15 years requesting further surgery and I have had no trouble doing a full tummy tuck on them.  In contrast, I have never had a full tummy tuck patient come back needing more tightening.

Make sure you are done with babies!  You won't want to go through it three times!

A full tummy tuck is likely what would provide the best result

+1

Thank you for the question.  Only a small segment of women are candidates for a mini tummy tuck.  Most women who have had children are much better served by a full tummy tuck.  Without photos or an examination I cannot provide more certain recommendation but I suspect a full tummy tuck will likely be your best option.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

+1

Without photos the answers will all be of moderate value to you. 

I am sorry for the outcome you had. Sometimes for a full tummy tuck there may be a reason to have an incision that is higher than ideal, but not so for a mini-TT. Good to have moved on!

Although you don't comment on what has changed with the pregnancies, I will assume you have some loose skin that need to be addressed. Now, think about getting a consultation, be sure to express the issues that you had and have. Your surgeon should be able to commit to an incision line, and at least express things that might occur in surgery that could change plans. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes.

Abdominoplasty revisions

+1

It sounds like you have several things going on.  First of all, you didn't love the result of your first surgery.  This alone may have been reason for revision.

Now that you have had two more kids, it sounds like there may be even more of a reason.  You may need a full abdominoplasty instead of a mini one to achieve your desires.  

I would suggest meeting with several board certified plastic surgeons, reading reviews about them to see if their patients have complaints like you do about your previous surgeon, and getting opinions in person about all of your options

Certainly many ladies end up having revisions of abdominoplasty after child birth.

Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon