Can I Have a Tummy Tuck to Remove Excess Skin if my Womb is Attached to my Cesarean Scar?

I have had 2 cesareans, the last being 8 yrs ago. When I was sterilised 3 yrs ago I was told my womb had healed onto the inside of my cesarean scar. I have tried with excersise to rebuild my stomach muscles for yrs now and dont seem to be able to make any difference. I have excess skin also and although I am a size 8/10 still have a 'pouch'. Will I be able to have corrective surgery and is it worth seeing my G.P? Thanks

Abdominoplasty often performed after C-section.

+1

I'm not certain about the diagnosis she report but an abdominoplasty does not enter the abdominal cavity so a uterus adherent to the posterior abdominal wall should not create a problem.

Abdominoplasty Tummy Tuck

+1

It's difficult to be precise in your particular instance without seeing photos but a Tummy Tuck will typically strengthen the muscl wall by putting the muscles back together in the midline. Pregnancy can often cause a separation or diastasis of the "6 pack" muscles and all the sit ups in the world won't put them back together where they used to be. Very frustrating for many patients. Removing the "pouch" that is often seen after a c-section should also be part of a typical abdominoplasty or tummy tuck. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks. Good luck!

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

+1

The simple answer is yes, provided your surgeon feels that a TT is what you need to correct the problem. When a TT is performed, the surgery will not enter the abdomen or pelvis, so the fact that the uterus may be stuck to the scar is useful for the surgeon to know, but doesn't interfere with the ability to perform the procedure.

All the best. 

Can I get a tummy tuck after C-section

+1

Yes, you can have the tummy tuck.  The tummy tuck goes above the abdominal muscles where all of your female parts are tucked away safely.  The tummy tuck will just remove the old scar and tissue above the muscles. 

Brian Dorner, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon