Going Back to Work As Fitness Instructor After Tummy Tuck?

I would like to know when I should return to work as a fitness instructor after Tummy Tuck? I dont want to cause any damage and so far my advice is very vague. At the moment, I know 6 weeks seems optimistic but my job entails lots of weights and jumping around? Also, what weights shouldnt be lifted post-op? Is an iron too heavy, or a bag of shopping? Please advise.

Discuss pot tummy tuck limitations and exercise with your surgeon

+1

I agree with Dr.. Zingaro. Not all tummy tucks are the same. IF you want an absolute answer wait at least 3 months before lifting more than 10 pounds., However, this is a very strict limitation and it is likely that you will be able to lift more weight at a sooner date. Your surgeon may be intentionally vague becasue some situations arrive postoperatively that will require adjustments in your physical acitivity such as seroma formation. Also the complexity or agressiveness of your muscle repair may have much to do with return to work limitations.

Tummy tuck

+1

You really should discuss this with your plastic surgeon. He or she knows how much work was done and can determine how much time you need to properly convalesce. Personally, I would ask you to refrain from vigorous workouts and lifting heavy weights for at least 12 weeks. I don't object to light exercise during the interim, however. After 12 weeks return to regular exercise should be gradual. Repeat, ask your plastic surgeon.