Tummy Tuck Recovery in 11 Weeks?

I am having a Tummy Tuck 11 weeks before I am getting married. I am a 39-year-old female, 5'3", 119 lbs, I've never smoked, and I'm pretty active and in fair shape. Should I be healed enough 11 weeks after the surgery to enjoy my honeymoon?

Honeymoon 3 months after a tummy tuck

+2

Yes, I think you will feel good and enjoy your honeymoon 11 weeks after a tummy tuck. After surgery, you are restricted from strenuous exercise or heavy lifting for 6 - 8 weeks (speak to your surgeon for their specific instructions). I personally let patients do light cardio (cycling, elliptical machines) starting 3 weeks after surgery. If you are motivated and (following directions!) do exercises as you are allowed at the times dictated by your surgeon, you should be in good shape to both enjoy the results of the tummy tuck (the look), as well as the honeymoon trip itself.

Congratulations on both the wedding and the new you!

Most people will be mostly healed after Tummy Tuck by 11 weeks!

+1

Most Tummy Tucks patients are mostly healed by 11 weeks. But you still would need to protect the scars from sun exposure! May still be a bit sore if you intend to have lots of adventure during honey moon.

Congratulations!

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Should be OK after Tummy Tuck

+1

Assuming there are no postoperative complications, the drains should be out, your pain should be minimal and you can be cleared to lift heavy objects or do vigorous activity by 6 weeks postop. There still may be swelling, especially to the lower abdomen, and the scars may still be prominent at 11 weeks out. You should also be able to fly safely at that point, but be sure to discuss that with your surgeon.

Good Luck!

Jeffrey Horowitz, MD
Bel Air Plastic Surgeon