No Difference in Pubic Mound After Tummy Tuck

I don't notice much difference in the size of my pubic mound area after my tummy tuck. It's still large and saggy. I lost a lot of weight and want it to look as small and flat as possible. If my goal is not acheived after a tummy tuck, what can I do?

I lost 130 lbs (all at home! no help from personal trainers). 3 years after losing the weight, I had a lot of excess skin and a HUGE pubic mound area.

I finally got my wish of a tummy tuck last March 3 and showed my surgeon a picture of what I wanted it to look like, nice and flat. He said he would try but after the procedure, I don't see much difference in the size and shape. Is there anymore that can be done after the tummy tuck procedure?

Please reply. I'm very upset!

Revision needed if you're few months after Tummy Tuck

+2

I will echo what the other plastic surgeons have said, that this area actively needs to be "pulled up" during the tummy tuck by setting the scar lower. The surgeon must not just pull the excess skin of the abdomen down, but the skin of the pubis area up. Good luck!

Small revision for pubic mound

+2

It should be an easy revision to go back and liposuction your mons, and in addition, remove the top inch or so to make it smaller. In select cases, wedge excision of the mons on the side could be done. Check with your local board certified plastic surgeon and he will be able to help.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Mons pubis reduction

+1

The mons pubis can often be improved with a tummy tuck even after massive weight loss. If you are not unhappy with this area it most likely can be revised.

Bulging in the pubic area after a tummy tuck

+1

Tummy tucks are a very popular and effective technique to contour the abdomen. In our practice, patients request a very low abdominal scar so that they can wear small bikinis and the low-cut jeans that are so popular here in South Florida. We always let our patients know that the lower the scar is on your pubis, the greater the chance that you may have prolonged swelling in this area. The pubic region is very dependent on lymphatic drainage to remove excess fluid. After a tummy tuck, some of the lymphatic system may be disrupted. In our practice, we provide our patients with two compression garments that specifically apply pressure to this area. This will allow the swelling to resolve more quickly and will provide support to increase the patient's comfort.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Pat Pazmino, MD

You could probably use a Tummy Tuck revision

+1

Patients who have lost a good deal of weight are not always easy to improve with one operation. Sometimes, a standard tummy tuck falls short and either an extended tummy tuck or a lower body lift may be in order. Take into account that not all tummy tuck operations are equivalent.

You are probably best served by additional surgery if you are 6 months out from surgery or more. This additional surgery may be as simple as the removal of additional skin or a larger scale operation also involving liposuction and/or additional tummy wall tightening. Get together with your surgeon and review your "Before" and "After" images to try to develop your options.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

You can have Liposuction and Revision Tummy tuck

+1

The best  thing would be liposuction and revision of the tuck. The mons area is neglected most of the time and will be more noticeable after the tummy tuck. I do not know your location but check with your locat boar certified plastic surgeon and make sure to get more than one cosultation .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Additional Liposuction during Tummy Tuck

+1

Dear banginbod09,

As in contour surgery, it's best treated at the time of the original surgery. I often times will liposuction the pubic area at the time of the tummy tuck and then remove the upper 1-2 inches of pubic mound and secure it to the underlying tissue so that it is pulle becomes flatter and more youthful looking. He can still be done as a secondary procedure.

Joseph M. Perlman, MD

Pubic swelling after Tummy Tuck

+1

The swelling effecting the pubic mound after tummy tuck surgery can last a very long time and it is the last area to decrease in size.

Having said that, if the area remains large after 6-9 months, you can contemplate a pubic lift and reduction. This may involve removal of fat and or skin. Occasionally labia majora reductions are also required and will necessitatte additional incisions.

In the meantime, light compression garments as manual lymphatic drainage may help to expedite elimination of the swelling.