Which tummy tuck procedure might be best for me? (photo)

I am 32yr old mother of 2 boys. I approximately weigh 112lbs at the most and 5'2. I may want more children in the future. I have already chosen an MD. I wanted to do a mini TT due to less recovery time, smaller scar, and less pain. He suggested an abdominoplasty, but I never gave him time to tell me w/ or w/o m-repair. He said he would do a m-TT with 1 incision vertical from my b-button and the other horizontal from the pty-line. Just want to see what is my best option or if it matters.

Tummy Tuck Options?

+1

There are a variety of surgical procedures or combinations that can produce good
results in patients with abdominal laxity, depending on multiple factors including their anatomy and degree of desired improvement: A mini tummy tuck, an umbilical float modified tummy tuck, a full abdominoplasty. Each of these can be performed with or without liposuction and with or without abdominal muscle repair. They produce different degrees of improvement.

No matter which procedure that you decide to undergo, it is advisable that you should wait until you are finished having children.

Following the advice of anyone who would presume to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. Find a plastic surgeon that you are comfortable with and one that you trust and listen to his or her advice. The surgeon should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and
ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS).
You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Considering more kids but thinking about at tummy tuck?? Ask Dr Ellen

+1

Hi there Heat81,

Look, if you think you want to have more children---- DON'T DO ANY SURGERY.

Why invest the time and $$ in a procedure that will be disrupted with future pregnancies? I would suggest that you wait on any surgery until you are sure that kids are out of the picture.

Thanks for asking! Dr Ellen

Ellen A. Mahony, MD
Westport Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck options

+1

Thanks for your question and pictures. Based on your pictures, I would recommend a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening. I do not think you will be satisfied with a mini-tummy tuck. You will likely still have some excess skin. Also, a vertical scar as suggested would be much more visible than the low scar you would have with a full tummy tuck. Good luck!

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

Which tummy tuck procedure might be best for me?

+1

Before having this surgery TAKE THE TIME to fully understand ALL your issues/questions/concerns.///

Surgical plans

+1

I would do a conservative resection given the on line participation of others. Best of luck i=with all. Best regards, christopher davidson md

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+1

Yes from your photos it does appear like you do need a full tummy tuck and will be happiest if you have complete muscle tightening and belly button translocation.

good luck

Delio Ortegon, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Mini or full

+1

HI heat. I agree with your ps. You need a full TT with muscle tightening. I would however suggest delaying it until you are done with kids.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or mini-tuck?

+1

You will enjoy the best results from a full tummy tuck. This will leave a low horizontal scar and will tighten the muscles. Anything less than this is probably not worthwhile.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Tummy Tuck Procedure

+1

Hello! If you are considering to have more children, it is best to wait until after your final pregnancy otherwise the results of your tummy tuck will be compromised. Also according to your photos you are a much better candidate for a tummy tuck than a mini tummy tuck. Your abdominal muscles need to be closed and the belly button needs to be reconstructed. When deciding on a procedure it is important to understand the recommendation of your doctor because he is looking for the best results.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck needed?

+1

yes, I think you need a full TT with muscle repair. A mini would leave you unhappy and dissatisfied !! Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon