Tummy Tuck, Post Op Day 5, Bit of Fluid?

Hi I had a drain less tummy tuck 5 days ago. My tummy is flat and looking good but I have noticed a small amount of fluid like quishing between my belly button and cut. The area is about the size of my palm and is not too raised is this anything to worry about and what is it? Many thanks

Edema following drainless tummy tuck.

+3

From your description given, the swelling sounds like fluid.  I suggest you contact your surgeon.  Usually, aspirating the fluid out depletes the sensation of fullness and swelling.  You should keep strict compression on the area after aspiration so the pocket will adhere and heal.Thank you.

Fluid after tummy tuck?

+2

There is always some fluid somewhere after a tummy tuck.  Some come out, and some needs needle aspiration.   No big deal.  Drains for a few days eliminate some of this but not all.  Drain or no drains are fine.  You will be fine.  Let you TT surgeon know  about this and get his advice please.  MY best,  Dr C

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

+2

From your description, I suspect there may be fluid collection (seroma). Often these are addressed by aspiration, but it will your surgeon's decision. A call for an appointment is the next step. 

All the best. 

Fluid with drainless TT?

+2

Hello and thanks for your post. Most likely, the fluid you are feeling is swelling in the tissues, which is more pronounced when no drain is used. It could also be fluid (seroma) trapped under the skin. Only your surgeon can determine the difference. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Leaking fluid after a tummy tuck

+1

A little bit of leaking fluid can occur around the drains or incisions after a tummy tuck.  Even though this is a very normal occurance, check with your plastic surgeon to make sure you don't have an infection brewing.

Web reference: http://www.baltimoreplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_TummyTuck_865369.aspx

Tummy Tuck and Fluid After Surgery

+1

What you are experiencing is perfectly normal.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon, as he may need to do needle aspiration.  There is always a little fluid after a Tummy Tuck.  Nothing to worry about.