Pain 3 Years After Tummy Tuck

I have had my Tummy Tuck 3 years ago, and I woke up this morning with abdominal pain. It felt like the wire from the stitches that were loose, and I can feel the wire in my stomach. I have never felt that in my abdomen before, what should I do? Is it possible that the stitches came loose after this long?

See your doctor

+2

At this point in time, the stitches are not as important as the scar tissue that has formed to give you a strong repair. Have you done a new activity, or moved differently or strenuously?

Other things may also be in play, and are likely not serious, however, I would recommend a visit with your doctor. At least, he can give you ideas of how to get relief.

sek

Abdominal pain years after Tummy Tuck

+2

If you have not had pain before this, then it is more likely that the pain is unrelated. Many conditions can cause abdominal pain (ulcer, obstruction, gallbladder, appendix, diverticluitis,e tc.) and it would be wrong to just assume this is from a tummy tuck years prior. You should call your primary physician and be evaluated immediately to rule out other more serious causes of abdominal pain.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Consider other issues

+1

Your abdomen was well healed 2 years ago.  I doubt that your surgeon used wire to repair the muscles so I'm thinking that you have another issue.  Give it a few days and if it continues see your primary care doctor.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon

+1

It could be anything!  If it's an acute change you should see someone immediately. If your original surgeon is not available then see another surgeon ASAP. You need a thorough history and physical which cannot be done online. Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD

Pain after abdominoplasty.

+1

DO NOT WASTE TIME ON LINE!  Contact your surgeon or your primary care doctor for an immediate appt. It may be something totally unrelated to your surgery,but it can't be evaluated by a computer.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon