Tummy Tuck Only Option? (photo)

Hi. I am a 49 year old woman with 2 grown children. I'm 5'1" and about 100 lbs. Both were 10 lb babies. I gained about 55 lbs with both-all just in the abdomen and have never lost the excess skin. I work out regularly and feel in relatively good shape. I realize that most people probably wonder why I even care at my age but it's so frustrating to know that you will NEVER achieve your goal or desired body (or even close), without a tummy tuck. Is that my only option? Thank you for your time!

Short Scar Tummy Tuck

+1

A short scar tummy tuck could produce the contour you want without a scar from one side to the other.  A mini tummy tuck will not work, because you have skin laxity above the belly button.

Tummy tuck

+1

Your tummy is not bad at all. any women would kill to have your body at age 50! If you do want the skin tightened, however, a tummy tuck is really the only options. The drawback is the scar involved and whether that is a worthwhile trade off for you. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Tummy Tuck

+1

You seem to be a good candidate based on height, weight and abdominal skin laxiety.  Tightening the tummy would be the best way to smooth out the laxiety you seem to be most concerned about.  The skin laxity above the belly button would suggest you would benefit from a full tuck but an actual physical exam would be best to determine that.  I hope this information is helpful.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Options

+1

You appear to be in good shape and have some skin laxity. It is hard to have 10 lb. babies without stretching out your muscles and skin. See a plastic surgeon

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Is tummy tuck the only option?

+1

In your case, I think abdominoplasty is the only option that will get you  a good result. You just cannot tighten loose skin any other way.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Only One Option? #TummyTuck

+1

I think so. You have two things that frustrate many of my patients, leading them to have surgery. One is the horozontal crease in the upper part of your tummy and the other is the skin that hangs when you bend over and there two problems spots are fixed with a tummy tuck...I agree that you look good standing straight and your girlfriends probably think you are nuts!!! But it does bother many women just like you...

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck not only option but may be the best.

+1

Although it’s difficult to tell from the photos that you submitted, it is evident that you do have some skin laxity. You appear to be in excellent shape and I understand the frustration you have regarding the skin laxity. There are no good non invasive options for the degree of skin laxity that you seem to have. Although a full Tummy tuck may not be necessary, the best option for removing the excess loose skin is surgical. Some modifications of a Tummy tuck is likely your best bet.

Robert H. Gotkin, MD

Tummy Tuck Only Option?

+1

Thank you for your question. The photos don't really show the problem you describe, since the shorts cover the area that is probably the loose area. 

There is really no good solution other than one that deals with removing the excess skin, and that does require a tummy tuck. I think you would be best to get an in person opinion. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Tummy Tuck for Me?

+1

With the usual disclaimers about making judgements based on photos and no exam, I suspect that an abdominoplasty is likely to be your best option.  This will result in tightening of your skin and repair of the muscle laxity that has resulted, at least in part, from your pregnancies.  Whether you are a candidate for a more limited procedure or not depends on your exam so your best bet is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Your age is not an issue provided you are in good health.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck Only Option?

+1

Very Very hard top advise with the non nude posted photos. It appears as if a TT would be the correct answer BUT it is an over the internet guess. Either post dis robed photos or seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city.