Is this enough to consider a tummy tuck, my small amount of extra skin is very stubborn at the bottom? (photo)

I was very obese as a child, and I lost 65 pounds when I was 13 and now I am 18, and there is just a problem with extra skin, and I'm 5'9" so I don't think it will stretch our more with height. It Is very difficult to deal with to try to get very lean and get nice flat abs. And I'm just trying to figure out if this is enough for a tummy tuck.

Is this enough to consider a tummy tuck, my small amount of extra skin is very stubborn at the bottom?

+1
I would not recommend a tummy tuck.  Liposuction of those areas would probably be a better choice.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Tummy Tuck

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss, based on the photos provided you are not a candidate for tummy tuck.  I would recommend continued exercise and possible liposuction.  Consult with a local plastic surgeon to discuss your goals.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

+1

While it wont produce the same degree of skin tightening or maximum correction that can be achieved with a modified or mini tummy tuck, liposuction alone of the abdomen and flanks could produce an improved cosmetic result.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medicalhistory and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery ( ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction not tummy Tuck is the best option for you

+1
Thank you for your question photograph.   You are in excellent shape and only have a small amount of extra fat beneath the skin.  Of course a formal consultation and exam is necessary but from your photograph only it appears that you would benefit from laser liposuction which will remove the excess fat and give you some skin tightening.  This would also help you avoid scarring associated with a tummy Tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1

Base on your pictures you are not consider a tummy tuck patient. Look for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience on liposuction.

Mel T. Ortega, MD