Is a Tummy Tuck my Only Option? (photo)

I am a 31 mother of two boys both delivered via c-section. I definitely am going to get a breast augmentation (not sure of saline or silicone). As far as my stomach, is there any other procedures besides a full tummy tuck that may be able to provide better results than the current state that it is in… ie, smart lipo, liposuction? I don’t want the tummy tuck scar. Thank you in advance for your replies.

Tummy tuck not smart lipo is the best option for loose skin

+2

While no one wants a scar, alternatives such as liposuction (with or without laser as with smart lipo etc) do not come anywhere close to the neceesary amount of skin tightening that is needed for a good result. This is especially true when there are stretch marks, as appears to be the case in the photos you posted; in fact you may end up looking worse. Your plastic surgeon will be able to keep the scar low where it won't be obvious.

Shortcuts NEVER pay dividends in Aesthetic Surgery

+2

Hi there-

What you are basically asking is, "can I get a tummy tuck improvement through liposuction?" (and NO, smart lipo does NOT offer any magic skin tightening above and beyond normal skin contraction after any liposuction)..

Let's assume that your goals (I hope) are to be safe, and to have the best outcome you can... in other words, I bet you, like all women who want improvement in their body after children, would like to look the very best you can after surgery. After all, it is going to cost you a lot of money, you are going to need to go through a recovery period and take time off of work, etc- most people would not want to go through all of that unless they were going to look as good as they could as a result.

There is absolutely no way that ANY surgeon, using ANY of the available liposuction machines out there, could make you look flat and shapely through liposuction. You need a tummy tuck. And yes, there does have to be a scar. But if you make smart decisions and choose your surgeon carefully, the scar does not have to be ugly or difficult to hide- even in two piece bathing suits. The key is finding the best surgeon... it's always going to be about the carpenter- not his tools!

Please be careful- I have no doubt that if your part of the country is like mine, that if you wave a bit of money in the air, you will find someone who will tell you what you want to hear- and it won't be until after they've taken your money and operated on you that you'll realize the folly of your mistake.

Web reference: http://www.MommyMakeoverOrlando.com

Alternative to Tummy Tuck?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pregnancy history and your photographs,  I think you will do very well with tummy tuck surgery. Unfortunately, there is no good alternative. As you know, the downside with the tummy tuck surgery is the scar.  The upside is the improvement in contour,  elimination of the stretched redundant skin,  and the “repair” of the abdominal wall muscles separation.

If you do decide against the tummy tuck please be careful not to waste your time/resources on other treatment modalities that you will be disappointed with.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_mommyMakeover.htm

Tummy tuck alternatives

+2
Your photographs demonstrate the classic impact of multiple C-sections in a thin woman. The abdominoplasty scar is placed at the edge of the pubis and can be tailored so as not to be visible in your bathing suit. I do not think that the less invasive procedures would produce the result you are seeking. Personally, although you could undergo an abdominoplasty and breast augmentation simultaneously, I prefer to perform them separately so you can adapt to the smaller abdomen and then decide what breast size is most appropriate for your new look. I think this should be a process and ultimately increases patient satisfaction.

Can I AVOID a Tummy Tuck and Still have a Flat Tummy?

+2

Liposuction and a Tummy Tuck are not interchangeable. Liposuction removes excess fat but does not correct excess skin and stretched out and split abdominal muscles. Only a Full Ztummy Ztuc can do that. In your case, you do not appear to have significant fat under your abdominal skin. As a result liposuction ( including laser liposuction) cannot flatten the destruction caused by your pregnancies. If you want a great result, have s full Tummy Tuck.  If you want a substandard, disappointing result then have liposuction. 

Don't take a short cut to get your desired outcome.

+1
Liposuction or any type is not likely to get you a flat stomach, because it will not tighten the muscle laxity that is causing the poochiness you have following your pregnancies. The tummy tuck will likely get you the "flat" abdomen you desire. The trade off is the scar, which can be covered by an appropriate style bathing suit.
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck will give you the best result

+1

Based on your photo, it appears you have some loose skin as well as a weakness of the abdominal wall. These issues will be addressed nicely by a tummy tuck which will remove the excess skin of the lower abdominal wall as well as tighten the abdominal muscles. The only role for liposuction would be to treat your flanks or love handle area. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon for more information and for a complete evaluation.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Fascia repair is essential for successful tummy tuck

+1

The photographs show a protruding abdomen consistent with damage of your fascia layer from the pregnancies.  The most important part of the TT is NOT the skin resection in your case but the repair of your fascia.  You are certainly going to need an abdominoplasty with fascia repair and consider mesh reinforcement if you are NOT planning on having children in the future.  The flattening of your abdomen will make your breasts appear more attractive.  This may allow you to get by with smaller implants.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck with give the best results

+1

In reviewing your photos you have 3 very distinct issues.  A muscle diastasis (seperation of the muscles), excess fat and excess skin.  The only way to properly treat all three issues  to give you the best result would be through an Abdominoplasty aka Tummy Tuck.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck?

+1

Dear Charmingmama,

I believe you would be best served by having a tummy tuck. This will not only remove extra skin, but it will also tighten your entire abdominal wall. Of course you will need to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon and I am only assessing your photographs. Still, I think the scar can be kept low and mostly out of site. Most patients feel the scar is a fair trade for their now tight belly.