Will a Tummy Tuck Make my Abdominal Core Stronger?

I just finished having kids and now find my core very weak. I have been told by my gp that my pregnancies have caused my abdominal muscles to seperate. Will my upcoming tummy tuck help strengthen my core? Will the change if any be noticable during workouts?

Tummy Tuck and Strengthening Core?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your  history and picture,  you may be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. It will be  in your best interest to achieve a long-term stable weight,  if you have not already done so,  prior to undergoing the operation.

The tummy tuck operation will serve to remove “excess” skin and  adipose tissue as well as restore the abdominal wall muscle anatomy to pre-pregnancy status. In other words, the rectus muscles are brought together again in the midline. In my opinion, this reconstruction can only serve to “strengthen” the core,  although the improvement may not be noticeable during workouts.